Does Anyone Write A Blog?

DougalJ

Visit site
Just wondering in the horsey world whether you write ( or have time!!) to write a blog. I've started one recently and have found it quite fun and it keeps a log for me what I've been doing over the last few weeks. I seem to forget what I did 3 hours ago!? If you do, do you read other peoples blogs? Are there any good horsey ones to follow?

soulfull

Visit site
I do a good old fashioned Diary :D have done for about 10 years (although behind right now as having too much fun :D

In the past I have found it invaluable, both as a training guide and monitoring health etc of horses. With Beacon it was so useful as I kept a record of everything from feed, turn out times and rugs to how well he went or how good he was. with his EPSM it helped me work out what worked so much easier

shorexhorse

Visit site
No advice for me as to if there are any good ones to follow, but I do write one, a private one that only a few friends have the link to, just so they can keep up to date with what I'm doing. I think its really helpful, not only to remember but to clear my head and sort out my feelings towards things that are bothering me; then in a few months time I go back and read it and think god, my troubles were so insignificant then! :D

ISHmad

Visit site
I have private blogs for my horses. Have found them invaluable over the years to keep track of things. Always nice to be able to look back at where you started and where you are now.

DougalJ

Visit site
Ok Ive followed too! I have made it a daily habit to log on mine now. I'm losing interest with Facebook and was spending too much time on it. This is a more productive thing to do when you have a spare few minutes in the day. Its such a good log and keepsake.

melxvengeance

www.facebook.com
i have my own blog that i run through tumblr (actually i have 4 - a personal, one dedicated to my fjords, an equestrian one and a shameless (tv show) one)

my fjord one is fjording.tumblr.com & the equestrian one is iamequestrian.tumblr.com

skint1

Visit site
Got a thread for both of ours in the Training Log section on Free Speech Horse Forum, they're useful and I enjoy writing them.

Beyond_Birthday

Visit site
I have a completely non horsey tumblr account if anyone wants to look ,
it is so much more addictive than facebook!

chasingtheghostofagoodthing.tumblr.com

Sol

Visit site
I do :) It's not wonderfully interesting, and it's more for 'me' really, but it's also as a sideline on my website. My artwork pays for a LOT of what I do with Dante, and hopefully will go a good way to funding us competing, so I think it's nice that if people want to see where their money goes & what I do with it, they can :p

http://www.ramelia-images.com/blog.html :D

DougalJ

Visit site
I do :) It's not wonderfully interesting, and it's more for 'me' really, but it's also as a sideline on my website. My artwork pays for a LOT of what I do with Dante, and hopefully will go a good way to funding us competing, so I think it's nice that if people want to see where their money goes & what I do with it, they can :p

http://www.ramelia-images.com/blog.html :D

Its a super blog! :D

DougalJ

Visit site
Just looked at your blog SusannaF - another great one - keep them coming! I've got a Facebook page but haven't looked into adding notes. I will keep with my blog as I'm enjoying writing it at the moment. As I mentioned before, its such a good record to keep!

mulledwhine

Visit site
No point in me doing one, it would read...
Day 1
Cleaned house
Mucked out stable
Fed pony
Walked dog
Fed guinea pigs
Fed fish
Put pony to bed
Read HHo

Etc etc
Forgot to say fed daughter,, whoops

diet2ride

Visit site
ooh I'm glad you asked this... I would never of thought to ask here. I keep saying I want more horsey blogs to follow. most of the ones I found were American (obviously nothing wrong with that, just would like some English ones to read).

I did find the http://www.hamishcargill.com/ one the other day and enjoyed his posts.

mine isn't very horsey at the moment, or come to that very diet orientated either. Roll on Horatio's first day of school. :)