Does anyones ned have a none equine soul mate?

EffyCorsten

Visit site
I'd love to know, I'm sat watching one of mine on the stable camera and he's flat out cuddled up to his best friend ruby the sheep.

She is a special sheep, you may have seen me talk about her before but she refuses to live with the sheep (cries and eventually finds a suitable escape route) so she lives out with the two horses and is stuck to Dexter 's side all day then has to come in with them each night.

She HAS to bed down with Dexter or she cries all night. He is a kind and sweet gentleman, so considerate of her and actually sleeps so much more when she is there. It's rare I see him flat out when he's alone but when his best girl is there he seems turely at ease and relaxed.

I wish she would live out 24/7 like a normal sheep they don't usually like being in but oh well I'm a soft touch and I give in too easily.

So anyone else have any tales of equine to none equine love affairs?

I will post photographical evidence of their love affair shortly.

A side note to say I know there could be possible risks with her being so small ect but I've studied them together in the stable and not once so far have I seen him stand on, squash or be rude her.
The camera's are always on and the screens are in my lounge so hopefully we are as covered as can be for the situation. But they are companions and so far I haven't figured out any other way other than letting her get her own way.

Sorry long!!!

EffyCorsten

Visit site
attachment.php

She isn't as squished as she looks when he went down she got up from the corner and squeezed herself into him..

Charlie77

Visit site
My old mare lived out 247 with only my mums 5 pet sheep (all hand reared ) and very tame. She got down and couldnt get up she was 30 ish on a slop and to close to the fence. The sheep moved away as dad me and other half moved in to rescue her. Once up she shouted for them. They came running she wickered and walked off with them non the worse to the field shelter to wait to be served breakfast. She was just as happy with only sheep for company and she was horses. Though I was pleased she had sheep and horses with her at the end. Funnily enough she is buried in my field that mum and dad use for lambing each spring x my 2 pet goats sleep with my mums 2 male runner ducks. The ducks run roun to the goats every evening away from the other birds. I find that odd but they seem to feel its normal?!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Our old cob took the last of three sheep under her wing when the other two had died. Sue sheep spent every night in winter in the old cobs stable, they shared hay and toddled in and out together every day and when we borrowed a neighbors land in summer Sue followed the old cob there and back :)