Does anything get rid of the smell of cat pee?

tigger01

Visit site
As title really - is there really any product/concoction that can get rid ofthe smell of cat wee from carpet? I've tried a few things but nothing that gets into the smell. Any ideas really, really gratefully received!

Richie

Visit site
This stuff works!

"Odorcide 2000 Spray is a powerful odour eliminator with active enzymes to eradicate unpleasant airborne smells. The product can be sprayed liberally within the home to freshen surrounding air and make for a more sanitary, fresh fragranced environment. Suitable for spraying onto water-safe fabrics, including upholstery and carpet."

google

I've used this spray for dog and cat urine.

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
biological washing powder.

Put it down in a paste and leave it for half an hour then scrub off. The enzymes in the powder break down the ammonia of the cat pee.
Just make sure you patch test first.

We also use Safe4 as well, but it direct from them. They do a really good Trial Pack.

Perissa

Visit site
biological washing powder.

Put it down in a paste and leave it for half an hour then scrub off. The enzymes in the powder break down the ammonia of the cat pee.
Just make sure you patch test first.

^^^THIS^^^

When I lived in a block of flats the neighbours cat always peed on my balcony, even though it had a litter box. I tried every cleaning product known to man. I was talking about it with a lady at work and she suggested a strong solution of washing powder but stressed it has to be biological.

It worked a treat :)

TrasaM

Visit site
Cheapest method... Bicarbonate of soda . Worked for me when a certain kitten thought that the door mat was a convenient litter tray! Mix with water and give it a good soaking. :)

ralph and maverick

Visit site
Ditto bicarbonate of soda. It's cheap and it works! Few weeks ago parents went to get a load of raw chicken wings, and some of the "juices" leaked out of the box and soaked onto their car boot carpet, the smell was rancid!!! Tried scrubbing with hot soapy water, vinegar, strong smelling dettol, about 3 magic trees, none of which worked. Someone said about bicarbonate of soda, so I sprinkled a whole tub in the boot, used a dustpan brush to brush it all in, left it for a day then vacuumed it out.........smell gone!
Much to everyone's delight, that smell was vile!!!!