Does every horse have a price?

Tia

Visit site
grin.gif

Well I had time to make lunch and marinade my chicken for dinner tonight
cool.gif
. I did like your dramatism much better than mine though, and it was more realistic I think......well you got me wondering anyway
wink.gif
. VERY doubtful that anyone was taken in with my pathetic attempt, LOL!!

Bri

Visit site
If it ever got to the situation where I couldn't keep her either time or money wise then of course I'd sell..
Otherwise I'm not sure I would. I've been debating it recently but she is the closest link I have to Sid, and for that reason alone I would definitely hesitate before selling her, no matter what the price tag.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
I have to say if someone offered me the right money I would most likely sell Spring. But to be honest I really don't think anyone would offer me what I would be prepared to let her go for - they would be mad!!
wink.gif

KatB

Visit site
Yep, if someone offered me an open cheque and the right home, he would go. I love him to bits, but also have the rest of my life where a nice "windfall" would help considerably. But it wouldnt be purely money orientated, he would ONLY go if I knew they would look after him and love him like I do.
grin.gif

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Rocks truly does not have a price - i could be offered all the money in the world for him, i don't care how much i'm offered, i will NEVER sell him, he has changed my life and i have changed his and the bond we share is precious - i could never be without him (i struggle for a week on holiday!).

All the others have a price and have had a price (hence why they've been sold) and I think in the future they will have a price (though obv cant predict that) but Rocks truly is special, he means more to me than anyone could ever understand.

pixiebee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Yes!!

Its not that i dont love her, but i have never seen my horses as a pet or part of the family as such. They are there to do a job!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i find that sentence rather sad-my pony is a large part of my life and couldnt imagine not having him-i dont eran alot and any i do goes on my pony, i gow ithout everything to have him and would no way sell him for any money. if it came to a point where i really really couldnt keep him id send him to my mum to live with her ponies.(but i know i will make sure he always has what he needs!)

Faithkat

Visit site
I have to stick up for you, Tia, and agree with you. We none of us know what life can and will throw at us and you are right, there ARE circumstances when the horse would simply have to go and I have been in that position. When you are rendered homeless with NO income, I'm afraid the horse has to go. It doesn't matter how difficult the decision or how much you love it, if you have NO INCOME you cannot possibly keep it. It is a luxury you cannot afford, plain and simple.

Chex

Visit site
I think every horse a has a price - but that doesn't mean I would sell it! I wouldn't accept any amount of money for Chex (not that he's worth anything, but you know what I mean lol), I would just feel too guilty. The only way I would ever find him a new home was if I couldn't afford livery etc, but I would work any crappy job to keep him. Now I can see that sounds deluded, but hey ho
tongue.gif

Lill

Visit site
I was offered £10k for Blue only a few weeks ago as some of you no doubt read! Turned down the offer but if i ever change my mind there are a couple of people who would pay that price for him.... we were a bit gobsmacked at the offer to say the least!
smirk.gif

Honeypots

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
really? you would rather have a beloved horse put down than sold to the right home??

[/ QUOTE ]

If it absolutely came to it ..yes. Once bitten and all that!! I sold a pony to a 'good' permanent home once. Sold on within the year, put in foal and now goodness knows where. My sweet itch cobbie, for sure, would be better off dead than in the wrong home...

Weezy

Visit site
I absolutely agree with Tia and honeypots on this one!

ALL of my horses have and have had a price, I am no fool! My horses are my enjoyment but also I am not silly enough to consider them on a par with my children! Mind I would, at times, happily sell the kids! If someone offered me £10k for P tomorrow I would take it, happily, even though I do really think she has a LOT to offer she is no Cercano and that is what I am aimlessly chasing.

Solstar

Visit site
i couldnt sell solo. i love him to bits and although hes a rite pain in the arse sometimes, hes mine. besides which, who else would want a horse who can only be ridden by his mum, a horse with mud fever all year round and a massive attitude problem? having said that, he is gorgeus. i love him and i dont think anybody else could love him as much.

__Annie__

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
really? you would rather have a beloved horse put down than sold to the right home??

[/ QUOTE ]

If it absolutely came to it ..yes. Once bitten and all that!! I sold a pony to a 'good' permanent home once. Sold on within the year, put in foal and now goodness knows where. My sweet itch cobbie, for sure, would be better off dead than in the wrong home...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, Honeypots

Mid

www.just-dreaming.webs.com
We'd never sell Oscar - Partly because no-one would want him xD

Solo, perhaps, if my sister wanted something with more ability (though I must say he's a very special horsie) and with Jayjay, we'd probably loan him if we couldn't afford keep, because he's old and has quite a few vet problems.

siennamum

Visit site
I would entertain selling Sienna for a life changing amount of money...... Otherwise, not under any circumstances. If something happened to me, she would go and live with my mum, or go to a friend on loan till my circumstances changed.
All of our others, are bought with a view to sell at some point so they all absolutely have a price.

xfeex

Visit site
I am selling EB the TB gelding in my sig dont want much for him around £2000-2500. I have to many and can not afford to get him out and about, I love him to bits, I just think he would be better with somone else.
Same as for my yearling filly by Andes!

My new foal by polling, I have been asked "how much" many times since he was born but he is not for sale. I have had his dam for 10yrs and I just want to keep them two.

Ottinmeg

www.equestrianimage.com
[ QUOTE ]
i am sorry but no, my horse is like my child would you sell your child? we would find a way even if it was to put her out on loan (last resort
frown.gif
) it might sound silly but i dont care my feelings are my own
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sell the kids ? i couldnt even give them away !
tongue.gif

as for the horses,otto is a lifetime job ,theres just something about that horse..and i think ash would kill me ,bring me back to life and kill me again if i sold him.
the pony has a price and has been threatened with it on more than one occasion
grin.gif

the shetland is as good as sold already

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i am sorry but no, my horse is like my child would you sell your child?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your horse may be like your child, but the fact of the matter is, it isn't your child - absolutely no comparison I'm afraid.

WFL

Visit site
When I have wandered through the lorry park of shows and horse trials before, I usually see a few prams with sprogs in dumped by the side of the lorries whilst the horse has the attention lavished on it. The husband/partner might be in attendance as gopher/childminder. Optionally 1 or more dogs may be tied to the pram.

Not hard to guess the pecking order in those households! Horse, dogs, child, husband/partner.

MillionDollar

Visit site
Oh yes totally agree, I bet that some top riders have a hard time saying goodbye to competition horses when they are sold on, even if they don't show it.

I'm dreadful, I've had nightmares before about having to sell Bramble and Teazle and woke up crying
blush.gif
I really would not be able to do it.

Tia

Visit site
Same with me and my little Cloud. Had her 10 years, almost lost her when she was dying, saved her, spent an absolute fortune flying her out to Canada......no I would find it very very difficult to pass her on. Thankfully I own sh1t-loads of land so that will never happen....but if I didn't and I ran into problems then Cloud's well being would be paramount over any emotions I may have, but she would never be for sale.....not for any money.