Does garlic really keep the flies away?

be positive

Visit site
Not that I ever noticed, it can make sweet itch symptoms far worse and be toxic to horses in general, I stopped feeding it years ago and have since seen more reasons to avoid it than evidence of it being good for them, although it can seem to help with breathing issues and is still recommended by some vets.

Shady

Visit site
have to say it made no difference to my two either , just cost me more money! made their wee absolutely stinky too! i can't tolerate garlic , it does not agree with me at all and i think it must be the same with some horses, my friend however swears by it so i dunno!!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Can't say I've ever noticed any difference. I just add it occasionally now because they like it!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Or is it just a big myth/money making business.

Personally I've always been a bit suspicious...:D
I say no but can cause behavioral problems in horses which is why I wont use it, I use radio fly creme for ears and genitals and power phaser elsewhere

Missy4000

Visit site
Garlic doesn't work. Only product I really found to work is think fly and saved me lots of money in the long run as it stopped all the fly bites on my tb who is very sensitive. 4kg tub lasts me a few months and before that I was using a big bottle of fly spray a month. It's 33£ but it's worth it in the long run.

wkiwi

Visit site
Garlic doesn't work. Only product I really found to work is think fly and saved me lots of money in the long run as it stopped all the fly bites on my tb who is very sensitive. 4kg tub lasts me a few months and before that I was using a big bottle of fly spray a month. It's 33£ but it's worth it in the long run.
Sorry to hijack the post, but do you know if this also keeps midges away and will it stop the flies landing or just stop them staying on the horse long enough to bite? Many thanks#
Re garlic: yes research has shown anaemia can occur in as little as 42 days. It is like all of the supplements in that they seem to come and go in 'fashions' without evidence, but not sure there is any research on its effect on vampires. However, it would be logical that the vampires would prefer non-anaemic blood???