Does riding need to be so complicated?

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Ummmm...US is considered international so yes....abroad...no..to me abroadis across the pond Germany/UK/Japan...internationally...both in the Jumper and eventing US side yes...we have both competed there in fact together before my accident

And the poor OP...if anyone deserves gin...she should get a whole barrel.

It's probably similar to us being International Eventers if we've done a CIC1* :D

TarrSteps

Visit site
The joke is, only_me, I suspect you have a much better grasp of the complexities of rider position than most of us, given your combination of riding and education. If you're stumped there is not much hope!

Hunters - highest class is Open, which is 4'. Amateur and Jr classes top out at 3'6".

Jumpers - more or less the same as here. There are Grand Prix classes at different levels, in the way that shows here offer them, but Open horses jump 1.45 + and that is what most people understand as a Grand Prix jumper.

ihatework

Visit site
Mmmm I have opted for Bombay and am savouring it whilst I cook my Thai green curry. I am willing to offer counselling to poor leg yield girl if needed x

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
Oh, I've competed Internationally too then, I've done an event in Wales :D

Neighham in this country the descritpion "International" does not mean popping across a border because your own country has insufficient events for you to attend. It means competing at such a high standard that in order to get together enough other horses of the same standard to hold a competition at the right level you have to travel.

Darn, I was all excited about having competed internationally as well. AND 2 different continents!!

SpottedCat

Visit site
It's probably similar to us being International Eventers if we've done a CIC1* :D

Bloody hell, I won (yes, get me, WON) at a show in the USA on a borrowed horse. It was a combined training, I led the dressage and the jumping. I am an International Rider and I did not even realise it. I even have video evidence! Stuff your poxy CIC* and FEI levels, I am an actual International Rider, I bet you did not even leave the UK for yours :p

meardsall_millie

Visit site
Bloody hell, I won (yes, get me, WON) at a show in the USA on a borrowed horse. It was a combined training, I led the dressage and the jumping. I am an International Rider and I did not even realise it. I even have video evidence! Stuff your poxy CIC* and FEI levels, I am an actual International Rider, I bet you did not even leave the UK for yours :p

Oi - and I can also claim to be a producer of international event horses!

Beat that SC! :p

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Ummmm...US is considered international since I am in a totally different country though the same continent so yes....abroad...no..to me abroadis across the pond Germany/UK/Japan...internationally...both in the Jumper and eventing US side yes...we have both competed there in fact together before my accident

Going by those rules I'm on to a winner as I've therefore competed internationally in Showjumping, Dressage and Eventing! get me :D

More seriously as others have said everyone can learn theory it is putting it into practice that counts either as a rider or trainer, and the best trainers are those that can explain simply. If a trainer used your explanations during a lesson 3/4s of the lesson would be stood still explaining things and not actually working on the horse!

Not knowing your records (and not being that bothered to google them either) I would say nothing personal owning for example an olympic horse means nothing as to the owner's experience. A friend's father owned an olympic dressage horse but he knows nothing of dressage other than the average lay person!

cptrayes

Visit site
Oi - and I can also claim to be a producer of international event horses!

Beat that SC! :p

me too - I have one in Colorado. OK he only does dressage now, but even so :D

Oh, and I produced a dressage horse that wins the Tenerife Championships too, so is he an International Champion?

Pass that gin along!!!

Auslander

Visit site
Ummmm...US is considered international since I am in a totally different country though the same continent so yes....abroad...no..to me abroadis across the pond Germany/UK/Japan...internationally...both in the Jumper and eventing US side yes...we have both competed there in fact together before my accident

Wow - I've competed internationally then, in Germany and Switzerland. How cool is that?

Saying a horse has an international record, especially in the context in which you wrote it, infers that it was at squad level - the horse/rider were selected to represent their country.

only_me

Visit site
The joke is, only_me, I suspect you have a much better grasp of the complexities of rider position than most of us, given your combination of riding and education. If you're stumped there is not much hope!

Knowing and actually describing are different though - people who ride with rounded shoulders are probably weak in their shoulder stabiliser muscles for example.

I know the basic position and muscles responsible but am a bit stumped as to how naming the muscles helps teach the rider to use them.
If I said to someone activatie your trans ab (front wall muscle of core) they would just suck their tummy in - which is not the trans ab!

ihatework

Visit site
*IHW cries as she cannot claim to be an international rider*

She did however ride a British champion under an fei judge and beat a British medal winner - that sounds pretty cool - can I have that on my cv?

nieghham

Visit site
Wow - I've competed internationally then, in Germany and Switzerland. How cool is that?

Saying a horse has an international record, especially in the context in which you wrote it, infers that it was at squad level - the horse/rider were selected to represent their country.

Here is the thing though...see...I have competed abroad with other horses but only internationally with Copper as I have only gone to the US with him

But...if I were to go to the South Americas...I would say that is abroad...so tome...if you are in England and say show...Scotland/Wales...to me that is international....but...even though the distance is short.....if you shown In Germany/Switzeralnd you have left the area of international(your own UK) and to me your experience is abroad...and that is cool ...no sarcasm intoned at all.

kerilli

Visit site
actually pmsl here. thanks guys.

Neighham... we really aren't a pack of wolves, I promise. But, umm, your totally impenetrable explanations, bewilderingly random spelling, grammar, punctuation, spacing, neologisms, plus the vids you have posted as 'evidence', the 'International' tag, they all kind of add up to a fair degree of 'wtf' ness...
Oh, and we're kind of used to a Canadian on here, so you can't blame it on that, sorry. Fwiw she explains things clearly, in great detail and complexity at times, and never once has made any of us go "what the actual F is she going on about?!?!"... ;) ;)

Oh, and I'm an International Event Rider too. Woo hoo. Actually all the time, owing to not having a GB passport, but also because I once competed in Germany. But, it cuts no ice around here, and nor should it... you're judged on what you say and whether it makes any chuffing sense whatsoever. ;) ;) ;)
Just so as you know. Trying to be helpful here. Really.

Auslander

Visit site
In which case you are not naturally from England therefore all events in England are internationals for you!

Wow - I'm a Kiwi, so every competition Ive ever done has been international.

I actually deserve to be famous for being the youngest ever winner of an international sack race...

SpottedCat

Visit site
*IHW cries as she cannot claim to be an international rider*

She did however ride a British champion under an fei judge and beat a British medal winner - that sounds pretty cool - can I have that on my cv?

Oh you should *so* have that on your CV - do you want lessons from me?

Molasses

Visit site
this thread is quality, can i have some gin please :)

the title should be "Does posting in HHO about yourself need to be so complicated?" just to warn visitors to the thread

as for my ridings complexity, it's is directly proportional to my horses mood

Auslander

Visit site
Here is the thing though...see...I have competed abroad with other horses but only internationally with Copper as I have only gone to the US with him

But...if I were to go to the South Americas...I would say that is abroad...so tome...if you are in England and say show...Scotland/Wales...to me that is international....but...even though the distance is short.....if you shown In Germany/Switzeralnd you have left the area of international(your own UK) and to me your experience is abroad...and that is cool ...no sarcasm intoned at all.

I really thought that I had clearly explained what "competing internationally" indicated. I guess I failed...