Does this horse seem cheap???

CastleMouse

Visit site
This horse is definitely not for me, but seems very cheap for what he's done
confused.gif
http://www.horseselect.co.uk/eventing/nov/nov315/nov315.htm

dieseldog

Visit site
No, its 13 and looks like its thrown the towel in as its only done Open Pre Novices this year. Might be another explantion for that, but I would be wary.

Louby

Visit site
Not well up on event horse prices but I think it seems a fair price. Maybe the height keeps the price down, too small for most adult riders and possibly a bit big for a junior coming onto horses.
Could be talking total rubbish though, ah well!!!

Think the 17.2 mentioned is very cheap with all the BSJA winnings. Would make me wonder if all was ok??

samsaccount

Visit site
I don't think the first horse is too cheap. just right, maybe a little steep (by a tiny bit) IMO.
The 2nd horse is so cheap because of his age.

tanflislibs

Visit site
i'd say wasnt worth that much tbh, nice enough but wouldnt pay more that 5500 for it at most! 2nd horse i'd say it is, older though sso justifiable. both noce horses though, i prefer the second one!

Clodagh

Visit site
I'd have her, cos shes roan!
You never see a bad roan!
I love Horseselect, thats where I got my mare from, the prices seem more realistic as they are mainly up in Yorkshire, so not so convenient for the southerners.

air78

www.ctwequine.com
I like the roan- 15.2 is ok for me...... and the 13yo is lovely to, but way to big for me! It's got a man on it and looks to have a kienton (sp) noseband or something on one of the pics. I think it might get a bit strong, and quite frankly at 5'2 i wouldn't stand of stopping it.... or getting on with out a mounting block!
grin.gif

KatB

Visit site
Both horses are very realistically priced for the market at the moment. I think alot of people havce to look at how the market is going, and not just what you personally would pay at any given point. All very well saying wouldt pay more than X amount, but if the market dictates more, that is the figures we should be looking at.
smile.gif

That wasnt getting at anyone in particular by the way, i just think sometimes people wayyyyy underprice on here because they arent giving market values!

Personally, I would prefer the first horse.
smile.gif