Does this pony look overweight?????

MillionDollar

Visit site
Don't worry it just upset me at the time, don't worry about it, whats been said has been said its in the past
grin.gif

Thanks everyone x

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I would say a tad but not any thing life risking!

It is hard with the curvy pony

The best test (rule of the thumb of course) is if you can feel his ribs- if you can then hes should be fine.

Hes a right stunner though!

sojeph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Guilty as charged, but no mention made of fact pony is an entire 3 yo worked 5x a week!!!! Also second pic makes him look leaner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh?...wasn't he entire UNTIL he was 3 yrs old?
crazy.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
Oh thank you, yeh he is very fun, but he will also go along way in the right hands, i've had a lot of interest for him, but not from the right sort of people- just from complete novices who want to plod around (no offence to anyone thats all i do, lol), its just he needs to go to a comp home.

Skhosu

Visit site
TBH.. I would have said yes. BUt I'm used to looking at eventers and showjumpers so... I don't know.
If he is fit and can feel his ribs etc. he's fine!

Tia

Visit site
I know exactly what you mean TSH. My initial reaction to the photo was yes the pony is over weight....however then when I thought of my little Cloud who is not and never has been fat, I considered again how differently structured little ponies are compared to larger ones.

Vicki1986

Visit site
I dont think he should be any fatter but dont think he overweight really for his type - and if you say he's thick and hairy that could be decieving.

My pony is quite fit and even when i reduced her grazing and was riding her for min 1 hr everyday...still had a big old belly on her but was fitter than most!