Does This Sound Reasonable for 'Pocket Money'?

JAK

Visit site
Middle daughter wants a computer like her sister's - a very flash & expensive computer!
tongue.gif

Said she'll have to earn a bit of money towards it then & half-jokingly suggested she start by offering to school/handle/train Ugly Bug Pony for 15 quid a week!
"Shall I?" said MD, all enthusiastically & no doubt thrilled that I hadn't suggested tack cleaning, which she hates! LOL

Owners are too scared to ride him anymore, as he bucks & naps like a fiend now but he just needs taking in hand a bit & learning a few ground manners at the same time! (Would only be for an hour a day, so works out at 3 quid an hour!)

Whaddya reckon?

RunToEarth

Visit site
I reckon its a good idea, you should have seen some of the things mummy made me do for pocket money, she had me riding the show cow at 8 in prep for Great Yorkshire!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Sounds like a good idea to me. Owner may end up with a pony they like (opps can do something with) and will give daughter a bit of a challenge and reponsibility. God I'm now sounding my age (even if I don't look it yet!!!).

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I wish I'd got £15 a week pocket money, I only used to get £1 a week, my parents were stingy, but I got them back by making them pay for my horses
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
They'll undoubtedly say they can't afford it but she's going to ask them anyway!

Will only be in the basics of walk, trot, canter, as he's not really up to anything more & his owners can't actually ride anyway, so.......?

Snowberry

Visit site
brilliant idea - my kids do this on the livery yard too!! Becci got paid £15 last night to plait up 3 ponies ready for PC show today!!!
shocked.gif

The kids have asked Hattie for lessons and, as I know she cannot receive payment, Glen and Louis are reaping the rewards with carrots/apples and hay!!
grin.gif

Enfys

Visit site
Oh God! I'm such a stingy parent
blush.gif
E gets 50p a day (if she does a few small jobs about the place and is nice to her parents and small animals) if she throws one of her tempers she doesn't get it. Bribery in the extreme? Perhaps, but she thinks before she throws a "I hate you, you never give me anything, my life is pooh" paddy.
Works out at £3.50 a week, and hidden extras like having her phone topped up, her pony's livery paid, riding lessons (average about £20 a week) etc, etc. On bad days I feel like writing out an invoice just so that she can see what she DOES get. She doesn't believe me when I say I used to get 10p on a Saturday morning "but that was in the Olden Days Mummy, the cost of living has gone up now!"
shocked.gif
Cue jaw on floor.

JAK

Visit site
Will give it a go then!
smile.gif

Might even join in myself - people keep asking me to clean their tack for them - grubby lazy oiks!
tongue.gif

What's a cleaned saddle worth, or a bridle? LOL

Claireg9

Visit site
i never really got pocket money.. wait 50p some weeks which i refused to have when parents got made redundant, but i got other things, my ponies were paid for and i had a house and food for myself, i could earn money though, clean dads car or muck my sisters horse out!
sounds like a good idea to me!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Excellent idea - your daughter gets money and UGP gets some love and attention.

If only you were closer - I have no time at the moment, poo picking and two hairies to exercise and would love to have someone like your daughter nearby to call upon.

If you want any IT advice on PCs, pm me - my OH and I work in the IT industry - hence the no time element of life.