Does this sound right???

isabella

Visit site
It might just be me beeing a busy body and if so feel free to tell me
grin.gif
blush.gif

anyway someone has just moved onto my yard with 2 30-31inch minis and she drives one of them regulaly(sp)the gelding, the filly is only 2. However she lunges both of them every night for about 20 minutes each without fail in antirub vests(well it looks like them im not a driving person so it may be a bit of equipment feel free to correct me) and they are lunged over jumps nearly every night about 1ft at the least proberbly bigger im no good with measuring. They are stabled every night without fail good weather or not and turned out in these antirub looking vests. These are their first ever horses and they are very nice people but in my personal opinion i dont feel its the right thing to do i haven't said anything because everyone has their own opinion on how to treat their horses and i dont want to burst their bubble so to speak. My question is simply do people agree with this or not ? thanx for reading
grin.gif

JAK

Visit site
Not sure about the weird vest things but lungeing a 2 year old for 20 minutes...every night...over jumps!?! Definitely not!

What do the vests actually do then? Never mind turning them out in them, why do they need to be lunged in the ruddy things?

gloster_image

Visit site
Do they ever take the vests off?? Are they lunging in them because they can't be bothered to remove them? Now good IMO if they will be sweating...unless it is some contraption for driving I don't know about that!
And lunging anything for 20minutes every night over jumps in unfathomable IMO! Let alone a 2yr old! It's legs will be knackered!

isabella

Visit site
thank god its not just me at first when i saw her lunging the gelding i thought fair enough but i was a bit uncomfortable about the filly cantering round on the lunge. and i am not sure whether they think that the vests act like a rug as it does cover half the body? im not sure i was just checking as i have no experience with minis so im not sure what the norm is
xxx

isabella

Visit site
the vests are taken off to groom them and sometimes they are turned out without them dont get me wrong they are lovely people and really do care for the ponies they are always doing something with them and they are groomed evryday without fail. I think they are just inexperienced
xxx

Stinkbomb

goldenoakmochachino.blogspot.com
I lunge Ty ( fat mini shetland ) every other night but he is five. Wouldnt even consider lunging Inky ( yearling mini horse ) as he is just too young. I dont think anyone should even consider lunging anything under three. I certainly dont do it over jumps!!!! I have anti rub vests but use them for what they are supposed to be used for... under rugs!!! How strange.
confused.gif

D

Donkeymad

I have no idea what the vests are or what they are for, but I can pretty much assure they are nothing to do with driving. Just be curious and act ignorant and ask what they wear them for.
cool.gif
Then come back and let us all know!!!

D

Donkeymad

I don't know what the vests are or what they are for, but I can pretty much assure you they are nothing to do with driving. Why don't you be 'curious' and 'ignorant' and ask them about the vests? Then come back here and tell us all!!
cool.gif

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
In some ways miniatures and ponies are better off exercised to prevent the dreaded L word...although I wouldn't do it until 3 or 4yo.
Maybe that's why she keeps them in too - to limit grass intake a bit in preference to hay? Or maybe she is trying to keep their coats nice for showing?
Who knows?
Not everyone is normal and rational like me: they may just be nutters
laugh.gif

S
smile.gif