Does your horse chase rabbits?

Copperpot

Visit site
Was house sitting at the yard where my horse lives, so just before dark went to say night.

He was cantering along, nose to the ground chasing a rabbit.

I've always thought he was a bit "special" now I know he's just bonkers :)

s4sugar

Visit site
Mine does and he has caught some.
The local Buzzard pair are big fans of his & have beaten me to a couple of his catches - he runs them over!

pippixox

Visit site
got lots of pheasants around us, which if they dare get near at dinner time are at risk of nearly getting their heads bitten off by my boy. same goes for chickens, but he wont normally chase them.

Pasture Mix

Visit site
My older girl used to chase them when she was a baby & also used to chase joggers when she was in a field that had a public footpath through it :p :D

My younger girl chases rabbits now too, even saw her try to chase a bird the other day. She'll chase me up the field if I run & has been known to chase dogs.. She just likes to play with things that move fast enough ;)

pinklilly

Visit site
Mines a rabbit chaser too! He's also fascinated by cats and dogs, when i rented my field down the river a woman stopped me and showed me a photo she'd taken of my horse leaning over the fence nose to nose with her dog. He's very friendly, I suspect he only wanted to play with the rabbits lol!

horse.love92

Visit site
Mine loves any animals he's fascinated by the goats at the stables which continually head butt him yet he goes back for more . He also loves to harass the cat - pushed it off the wall the other day !

MileAMinute

Visit site
Not the horses, but the cows in the field opposite our yard take great pleasure cantering and chasing after the geese!
Apparently the geese sometimes turn around and try to chase the cows. It really is hilarious to watch.

starryeyed

Visit site
Our Welsh D made used to stomp them to death, not nice when picking out her hooves

Our welsh mountain pony used to kill & shred them!! :eek: We used to think it was a nearby farm dog which had got into the habit of it or something but the numbers started adding up (bodies left in his paddock) and one day we caught him in the act - horrible creature! Thankfully since moving house he's stopped killing them and just chases them.... hopefully it will stay this way, it wasn't pleasant - poor things!!

Kallibear

Visit site
Roo chases them. If they make it to the edge of the paddock he stands snorting at them.
He does stomp on them: I had to put a poor bunny with a broken back out of it's misery a while ago :(