Does your horse have a colour scheme ?

debsflo

Visit site
I am searching for my new horse and looking at tack ,rugs etc.
Despite loving all the matchy gear i will not be able to have loads of different rugs,saddlepads so am thinking of just one main colour that i can add to...
Does your horse have a colour scheme ?
I am really liking the Taupes and Blackberry colours....

Deltaflyer

Visit site
I have a grey and white so most colours look good on him but my favourites are anything Teal or Turquoise. He does look rather smart in grey as well :)

Enfys

Visit site
I found this wonderful scheme called " Ifits "

... as in, if it's in the tackroom, and it fits, then it'll do :)

I am a matchy matchy philistine, but I do like turquoise :D So I have these, and have been eying up bridles to match :(

For%20sale018.jpg

Embo

Visit site
My theme is predominately green, but I have expanded into lots of other colours. Equipment is all green or black if possible (buckets, forks, grooming kit etc). Tack is all black. Rugs I don't really care, tbh.

kamili

Visit site
Purple or green for outings - but rugs again are all whatever is cheapest. Some are even zebra coloured... oh well.

nikkimariet

Visit site
Burgundy/black/red round the yard. Navy/silver/grey for travelling.

He has every variety of colour co-ordinated matchy for schooling!

ThePiebaldMoomin

Visit site
I have a piebald cob mare who is more white than black so her colours are black white and Navy blue, the Navy looks really good on her but I do wanna try and find a pink that looks good on her so she can look a little girly as she is built like a tank 😂

dibbin

Visit site
Mine is mostly purple, black and grey. Jazz is a slowly fading dapple grey ...

My sister favours navy, brown and beige on her bright bay.

oldie48

Visit site
I always used to use white bandages and saddle pads but now I have a tobiano, white either makes him look grubby or he makes the white look grubby so I now use dark brown, navy, burgundy and I have just bought a dark green set. Everything else is just what fits. It does creep up on you though, I've started trying to match my breeches and top to what Mr B is wearing, I honestly didn't think I'd get caught up in this matchy matchy thing!

vam

Visit site
Mostly shades of blue, navy through to sky blue but proper blues or royal blues were my favorite. Closely followed by brown, black and grey. I've got a few red ish type colours and the odd out there colour.
I think blues, browns and black seem to be my scheme mostly. My shows colours where black, royal and grey which might explain it.
My last mare most worn black or purple but there wasn.t the choice of colours back then.

NZJenny

Visit site
I'm an ex endurance rider, and I really could not get my head around brightly coloured tack. All my tack is black, including my synthetic tack, but it does have some subtle bling. Saddle blankets and numnahs are also black or white, I don't bandage and paddock rugs I don't care. Dress rugs however ..... Diva was black with hot pink trim, Maggie does navy blue with red trim.

fallenangel123

Visit site
With my fell being black everything goes so she had a lot of red and purple with pink hi viz. Now I have a chestnut nothing goes at all! I mean the pink hi viz clashes so badly it actually makes him hard to look at! I think I might have to review some of the matchy threads!

Merrymoles

Visit site
Hi vis yellow is his only consistent colour - although my hatband and coat are orange hi vis so not really!

Everything else is black, grey or dark green and has been passed on by other horses over the years. His rugs come in a number of dark colours, depending on what special offers were on, but are mostly mud-covered...

booandellie

Visit site
I have a piebald cob mare who is more white than black so her colours are black white and Navy blue, the Navy looks really good on her but I do wanna try and find a pink that looks good on her so she can look a little girly as she is built like a tank 😂

My new ponio ( arriving on friday) sounds same as yours and i have gone for burgundy saddle pad and headcollar so hope it suits her!