Does your horse have a theme song?

welsh_monster

Visit site
The 'Whats that coming over the hill' song is my mares. The song is 'Monster' by The Automatic, when it first came out I'd just got my mare as a kind of loan from friend. She was 2 at the time and friend had bought her at 4 months old and nicknamed her Monster! I worked as a chef at the time so constantly had the radio on and heard the first play of it on radio 1 and knew it had to be her theme! I now own her and she still answers to Monster more than her real name!

1ST1

Visit site
My song for my stallion is "The love song" by the Cure.
My husband used to ride a truly majestic dressage horse. Their song was "Here comes the king" from the soundtrack of the Chronicles of Narnia. I ended up using this track for their entry and salute in their freestyle as it fitted the horse like a glove.
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTDCunD4mhA

AndiK

Visit site
My song for my stallion is "The love song" by the Cure.
My husband used to ride a truly majestic dressage horse. Their song was "Here comes the king" from the soundtrack of the Chronicles of Narnia. I ended up using this track for their entry and salute in their freestyle as it fitted the horse like a glove.
Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTDCunD4mhA

WOW - made the hairs on my neck stand straight up! Bet this looks and sounds amazing!

SVMel

Visit site
I rode an anglo arab for a lady my mum was teaching, and he became ' my boy ' although I never owned him. Taught me more than any other horse or person, died a few years ago at the grand old age of 32, after looking after both me and my son for years. I miss him so so much, and this is his song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts1qQ8jN8o0

Now I have four horses in my life on a daily basis, incuding a shetland called Trouble. There are a hundred songs for him, but this one always springs to mind, but please be aware, there is some swearing in it........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxmUKVrT0iI

Our team t shirts when we go out are 'Team Dilligaf'....... :D

I*HM

Visit site
Alvin's is 'Super Trooper' by Abba.
Don't know how it came about really but always end up singing it to him, the poor sole (I'm not blessed in the singing department, in fact, I'd say I was severally vocally challenged)

Bettyboo222

Visit site
To the tune of just keep swimming fom finding nemo

Just keep trotting, just keep trotting what do we do ? We trot trot.
Fa lalalalala we've got to troooot past the scary puddle/man/dog/trees
falalala

just keep trotting just keep trotting

Yes I do get 'special' looks from the people round here

fine_and_dandy

Visit site
To the tune of just keep swimming fom finding nemo

Just keep trotting, just keep trotting what do we do ? We trot trot.
Fa lalalalala we've got to troooot past the scary puddle/man/dog/trees
falalala

just keep trotting just keep trotting

Yes I do get 'special' looks from the people round here

PMSL!! Oh I am so going to use that when Bailey and I hack out!!! I LOVE Dory and Bailey is a tiny bit special like her so I think it will be quite apt!

Love the song "Monster" and that people sing it to spooky pones; probably wouldn't work for me as I have a funky little drunk dance that I do to it which most people know about so I'm asking for trouble if I start singing it...

If I feel myself getting nervous, I end up singing "Those Magnificent Men" which my friend taught me. It is the best song because I end up focusing on the lyrics, and it is very upbeat so I forget what I was being a tit about. I sound like a prat on hacks when I suddenly burst into song, but it helps!

As for Bailey, he has a couple. I normally sing "Magic Dance" to him - the song from Labyrinth,
"You remind me of the babe"
"What babe?"
"The babe with the power"
"What power?"
"The power of voodoo"
"Who do?"
"You do"
"Do what?"
"Remind me of the babe!"

Although "babe" gets changed to "Bailey" and I then tend to jump and jig around to it much to his disgust.

If he is feeling particularly soppy or he is ill I tend to sing, "It's all about you" [the McFly song]. it is the only song of theirs I actually like and it came on the radio when Bailey was ill and in the vets. He was lying down and I was next to him with his head in my lap and it just seemed very apt.