Does your horse have an irrational fear?

MissDior

Visit site
My old pony had a fear of tufts of grass, we would be merrily cantering along and he would shoot sideways :eek:. Nothing in sight to spook at and when I took him back to see if I had missed something he just planted himself and snorted looking at this so called horse eating tuft of grass. It was only after he had done it a few times in different places that I realised that he really did have an issue with something that he would normally eat!! lol :rolleyes:

Wobblywibble

Visit site
Shetland ponies are her nemesis, I just don't think she can understand how something so small can be a horse.

Also sheep that have escaped from the field. In the field they are no problem at all, but if they are on the wrong side of the fence they clearly develop an aura of terror, even if they are just grazing quietly.

Visit site
My list would be too long and continually growing...my horse seems to find one thing scary then the next day not so much. Took him to his 1st show yesterday he grew a hand and put his eyes on stalks at everything. At the moment I feel like the only one with a horse like this, everyone else had their horses tied to the trailer standing happily munching whereas my boy would be stomping trampling squashing and generally being a brut.