Does your horse have temper tantrum’s?

doodle

Visit site
Next time Robin throws his toys I will video, show everyone and let them laugh.

Bad weather this morning so I didn’t rush up as expected horses staying in and lots of people about. So I was about 30mins late. Plenty horses still in with him but he told me he wanted out and he wanted out NOW. Sadly for him he got his peptizole and stood tied up for 30mins before breakfast and turn out. Furious dosnt cut it! For 25mins he stropped. Throwing his head so much he was sort of hiccuping! Horses still in with him but he had made his mind up and he wanted out. He would have paraded round his stable if I hadn’t tied him up, which was also unacceptable!

After 25mins he gave up and huffed instead. Standing at his door and refusing to move to let me in and out. Gave him his food and he wolfed the final mouthful and I got put me out NOW before he had even finished it.

I then knew if I let him go at the gate he would cannon up the field and wind everything up so walked him to the top of field. “If you are walking with me mum walk FASTER!!”

That poor horse yet again having to put up with poor standards of care!!

vmac66

Visit site
Yep. Major tantrum if she's left out on her own if it's cold and wet. We've had rearing, bucking on the spot and hopping round with all 4 feet of the ground. I take a couple of treats with when bringing in, it diffuses the temper.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Oh dear poor Robin! Mine has weird angry tantrums when the other horses get put into their stables. She piaffes at the door and on the lifting of each from leg bangs the door. It creates a hell of a racket! As soon as the horse goes in she stops and eats her hay. Weird creature! I should film it one day as it is a full on proper piaffe, lowered quarters and everything.

doodle

Visit site
Glad it’s not just him. It gets him even more annoyed when I ignore him! A couple of times with a particularly wild head toss I said “stop that” and he glowered at me. “Well fix it mum”.

I’m not sure he knows how to Piaff?

PurBee

Visit site
Lol! Funny posts!

my gelding recently has been grunting at me. He’s frustrated if dinner is late. This grunt is hilarious, the mare doesnt ever grunt. He has to also do a lightning fast spook when he jumps one inch to the left or right, while grunting...which sometimes catches me unawares and causes me to jump and grunt back!

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Goodness yes! My welsh Princess of the Paddock was recently diagnosed with a bog spavin and it was recommended she had 8 weeks box rest. Cue royal tantrums of the most majesterial proportions. 'DON'T want my feed in THAT bucket' . 'WHERE'S my TREATS?' Why are you staring AT MY LEG, don't LOOK at me'. 'Go away' 'Come BACK!' I HATE you' 'Bring me GRASS'. Three weeks of this finally ended with her smashing down her stable door, escaping off down the field screaming for her loyal equine subjects to protect her from me, and looking suspiciously sound.

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Oh dear poor Robin! Mine has weird angry tantrums when the other horses get put into their stables. She piaffes at the door and on the lifting of each from leg bangs the door. It creates a hell of a racket! As soon as the horse goes in she stops and eats her hay. Weird creature! I should film it one day as it is a full on proper piaffe, lowered quarters and everything.
Would SO love to see her on video ?

AdorableAlice

Visit site
When Alice was a baby going through the starting process she would stamp a front foot whilst walking and trotting. Pushed through that and ignored it, she then lay down.

Quite literally on the lunge or long line she would stop and buckle her knees. That did pass but at her first hunter show on a rather hot day she decided she was tired whilst stood in the line up and lay down. Embarrassing or what ! the threat or actual deed always came when she was asked something slightly difficult or to repeat an exercise. Thankfully she grew out of it by the time she was 6.

Julie Ole Girl

Visit site
Goodness yes! My welsh Princess of the Paddock was recently diagnosed with a bog spavin and it was recommended she had 8 weeks box rest. Cue royal tantrums of the most majesterial proportions. 'DON'T want my feed in THAT bucket' . 'WHERE'S my TREATS?' Why are you staring AT MY LEG, don't LOOK at me'. 'Go away' 'Come BACK!' I HATE you' 'Bring me GRASS'. Three weeks of this finally ended with her smashing down her stable door, escaping off down the field screaming for her loyal equine subjects to protect her from me, and looking suspiciously sound.
Haha, my mare needs to give her the phone number for 'Horse (Child) Line'...such terrible abuse they suffer......:) :)