Does your horse like any unusual treats?

Blitzen

Visit site
My mare is really not fussy. If its in your hand/pocket, she wants it!
She has a sausage roll and a lick of port off my fingers when we go hunting, she loves watermelon, wotsits, Haribo (OH was in BIG trouble when I found out he had given her half a bag of Starmix "because she likes them", and even more trouble when I found out it happened on more than one occasion!), she picks up pop bottles for a swig - if you leave a fanta bottle in front of her its all gone in seconds, leaving her chops in an orangey sticky mess! She also has some bread with ketchup off my bacon sandwich when we go competing. I draw the line at the bacon, a mini sausage roll every now and then at a meet is bad enough!

mrsk29

Visit site
Mine swiped a sausage roll out my hand ate the lot,..(I was stood chatting away lol) he loves chocolate, kit kats especially his fav lol

Louise_88

Visit site
I have one that LOVES absolutely everything! and i mean that everything! Any type of crisps/sweets/cake/sandwiches you name it he loves it, i think he thinks if i'm eating it he needs it.

rascal

Visit site
Our old boy Jimmy used to like the odd bottle of 7up. He once pinched my bacon sarnie at a show.
Hubbys mare Bramble likes mars bars, and both our old pony and my youngster like the odd chip.

Bright_Spark

Visit site
One of my old mares loved those red hot sweets...several at a time. My mum's horse spat them out and would pull faces.

My other old mare loved to drink cola out the bottle.

TB mare adores rich tea biscuits and camomile tea.

NF lived in a pub garden before I had him, so used to be fed crisps and burgers by all the kids!

albeg

Visit site
Bob will taste almost anything, and eat most of it. He's tried to have ham and cheese, and egg salad with scallion, I can't eat anything near him without being asked for some. (read nudged until I get fed up and give in/give out to him, depending on what I have). He like sweet chilli flavour walkers, nature valley bars (but they're oats, so they must be horse food). He once robbed half a breakfast roll, back when we were in pony club!
If someone (human or horse - especially food from other horses' mouths) else is eating it, he likes it!

olop

Visit site
My boy will give anything a go, greedy git :D
He is very partial to marmite rice cakes though, he would speak for those if he could :eek:

Copperpot

Visit site
Anything!! Tea, coffee, biscuits, crisps, cakes and Krispy Kreme donuts. I must add he doesn't get these things often and only a small piece :) he does eat hay mostly :)

rachelha

Visit site
my mare LOVES crisps, any flavour, any kind she will eat! even chili heatwave doritos! but she goes mad for walkers cheese and onion :) she spits pears and chocolate out with a look of horror on her face though!