Does your livery stable limit who you can get lessons from?

Auslander

Visit site
It's only arisen once at my place, because I only have one livery who uses the school, and I train her anyway. She had a sharer last year, who rocked up one day with an instructor in tow, and proceeded to have a lesson. I didnt say anything at the time, but I was very peeved that she had just assumed that I was ok with a stranger coming to my home, and using my facilities. Had she asked me beforehand, I would have sad yes, and I wouldn't have been so grumpy about the situation. I've got no objection to liveries having other trainers in - but I do expect to be asked!

sport horse

Visit site
Down to mardy ass yard owners I expect, insurance being the usual whiney excuse.
I used to have liveries. They could bring in any instructor, they did not pay for the school. I put in and maintained the school, I could not use it during their lessons and I was able to pick up the litter left behind by their instructor who seemed to need to picnic while teaching. The small profit I made from the liveries made it not worth the bother so I now only have my own horses.
With attitude such as Pedantic's I see no reason, despite regular requests to ever have another livery cross my threshold.
You are buying a livery service not the property!