Dog Attack - Advice Please

old hand

Visit site
I think labradors are near to the top of lists of dogs likely to attack, but most dogs are protective of their house. Dog should really have been on the lead on a bridleway. Not that this helps you. Really sorry it happened. Hope she is ok.

Copperpot

Visit site
Not nice. I think there is a misconception about labradors as being nice, friendly, aloof dogs. My dog has real issues with black labs and I can only assume she has some history with them. Noise and having a bit of a bark or even a bit of a "get out of my spacem type reaction is acceptable to me but a dog pinning another on the ground and continuing to have a go is a serious issue and is not just a dog 'having a play'.
Me being me wouldn't immediately blame the owner for this one occasion but I'd expect them to learn from it and gain control of their dog in the future.
A yellow lab near me has gone for my dog twice, unprovoked. Now on the odd time I see her the owner has her under control (i assume mine isn't the only dog she's gone for!). I commend them for that. They have learnt

My rescue dog has an issue with black labs too. So I can only assume he has some history with them. Yellow ones he is fine with. Other black dogs he is fine with, but black labs he hates with a passion. Which is annoying cos around here every 3rd dog seems to be one. I wish he had an aversion to a more uncommon dog!

Glad your little Bichon is all ok now.

amy_b

Visit site
Sounds rubbish! I actually leave my dog off the lead, being a lurcher she can out run anything that is mean and doesn't make friends until she is sure that they are friendly!!! She has a good recall (I know, lurcher with a recall! :) <- smug face!) She always runs back to me so if anything is mean I can hook it as she runs past