Dog bite

LaurenBay

Visit site
So Ralph accidently bit me on my thumb and has pierced the skin. Bleeding has stopped now. It was a complete accident and he looks very sorry for himself. I'm also 20 weeks pregnant. Ralph is up to date with vaccinations. Do I need to get it checked or am I over worrying?

wren123

Visit site
I'd phone 111 and ask, but when I got bitten (accidentally too) recently I went to minor injuries to get a tetanus booster, which they no longer give if you've had your original course and one booster, but they insisted I needed antibiotics as it was deep. As you're pregnant I'd definitely check.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
When was your last tetanus? Can you phone your midwife just to check? I think if you cleaned it properly then there shouldn’t be any issues.

LaurenBay

Visit site
When was your last tetanus? Can you phone your midwife just to check? I think if you cleaned it properly then there shouldn’t be any issues.

I don't actually know. I had a vaccination on Thurs for whooping cough and she did say it's for other things too but I forgot. I ran it under the tap for a few minutes. Wrapped it in tissue. Then put a plaster over it.