Dog clippers recommendations

HelenBack

Visit site
For various reasons I'm going to start trying to groom my dog myself and am looking for clipper recommendations. He's a mixed breed with a fairly thick wiry coat and usually with the groomer he would have a grade 4 or a 7 depending on the time of year.

I've clipped horses in the past but never a dog and am a bit nervous about it all. I don't know if I'll take to it or stick with it long term so would rather not spend hundreds of pounds but equally I'm happy to not go with bargain basement ones if that makes things a bit easier for me.

Thanks

seaofdreams

Visit site
I have just had to do this with my WCS.
I purchased these https://masterclip.co.uk/product-ra...-dog-clippers-cordless-md-roamer-dog-clippers then got the 7 blade off Amazon, I was really nervous, like you had been doing my own horses for 20+ years but never a dog.

I was actually pleasantly surprised and really happy with the outcome!

They do a slightly cheaper corded model too which I did debate getting but I decided I would probably use them for the horses too and I have no electricity where they're kept which is why I went for the cordless.

Edited to add - I went with Masterclip as I already have the heavy duty HD horse roomer clippers for a few years now and love them!