Dog confiscated from family for no good reason...

Hels_Bells

Visit site
I have also posted this in AAD but I know how many horse owners have dogs and so may be interested in this. I also know the folk on this forum are rather good at coming to the aid of an animal in need...

Not sure if this has already been posted on here but Lennox is an american bull dog cross who was taken from his family for looking too much like a pit-bull. He's been kept in awful conditions for about a year and is likely to be destroyed soon... Leaving a very heartbroken family with young children behind. There's a campaign being held to try and save him or ar least give him a fair trial. Details of a petition and campaign at www.savelennoxpetition.co.uk it's an awfully sad situation please take a look if you, like me, are just imagining how awful it would be to have your dog just taken away to be destroyed with no justification. :(

Last edited:

ladyt25

Visit site
I joined this a while ago - it was posted on here a few months back. I can't understand at all how they can justify destroying an animal just because it resembles a certain type that is 'banned'. Banning a breed is ridiculous anyway, a dog's a dog - any dangerous traits are brought on by humans. If a dog has no track record of any agression HOW can they have cause to destroy it?

china

Visit site
if a dog has the same 'dimensions' as a pitbull i believe it can be destroyed or strict rules applied such as not aloud out on walks or in public without a muzzle. sad really.

competitiondiva

Visit site
Isn't this the same dog that was posted about a year ago, it was certainly a long time ago and i'm sure the dog had the same name and again it was ireland?

Regarding the DDA (if the dog proves to be of pit bull 'type' it is regarded as an illegal dog, the choice then is totally dependant on the dog and the judge. It can be ordered to be PTS if the temperament or owners are such that the dog would be considered a risk. Or it can be returned under license where the dog must be neutered, microchipped or tatooed, it must never change ownership, must be muzzled in public and not allowed off lead. This is the law in the UK, I'm not sure on the laws in ireland or if they are the same.

springer1021

Visit site
Isn't this the same dog that was posted about a year ago, it was certainly a long time ago and i'm sure the dog had the same name and again it was ireland?

Regarding the DDA (if the dog proves to be of pit bull 'type' it is regarded as an illegal dog, the choice then is totally dependant on the dog and the judge. It can be ordered to be PTS if the temperament or owners are such that the dog would be considered a risk. Or it can be returned under license where the dog must be neutered, microchipped or tatooed, it must never change ownership, must be muzzled in public and not allowed off lead. This is the law in the UK, I'm not sure on the laws in ireland or if they are the same.

Yes, it's the samedog. it says it was in May 2010.