Dog detangler - pig oil?+Other bathing questions

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Has anyone used this on their dog? My GSD has a medium plush coat and its being destroyed by the mud we have (we have a smallholding) so I was thinking about using this on his legs and under belly instead of the pricey dog specific stuff (I'm a qualified groomer and even with a discount its still expensive)

Otherwise whats everyone doing with their longer coat dogs in this weather? I wont bath him every day but cold hosing him down seems rather mean spirited, wondering if anyone has experience with those portable showers?

Roxylola

Visit site
Is he a house dog? I wouldn't want to use pig oil personally as I'd be worried he'd just get grease everywhere (up the walls etc) and it would be impossible to get rid of.
I have used small amounts of Shapleys light oil on my spaniel for the same purpose and it seems to help stop everything sticking quite as much

Nicnac

Visit site
I cold hose both mine but have a pet dryer which blows warm air so only feel half mean. Pig oil would make everything in the house greasy so would use personally.

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Currently he gets mildly hosed off and into the garage where he dries off and then into the utility where he drops HIS FECKIN MUD ALL OVER THE PLACE :)

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I just have the normal black one with front legs and a polo neck but you can get all sorts of sizes and they're very helpful if you call and explain what you're looking for, I've managed to wrangle three of mine into the same jumper, they learn to love the experience eventually ;)