Dog eating Faeces?

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
Our lurcher pup has started eating dog/horse/fox (any type of pooh he can!) its not only extremely disgusting but worrying as he has a perfectly balanced diet, eats/drinks well and we dont know why he does it?

confused.gif

_Acolyte_

Visit site
I am surprised he is eating fox poo - mine just want to roll in it all the time
crazy.gif
But as far as eating fox/horse is concerned, then I would say the majority of dogs do that (mine certainly do)

A dog eating dog poo is slightly more unusual, my lurcher pup did it, we just made sure we removed temptation out of his way and he grew out of it

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
Unfortunatly we have 4 dogs so we dont actually know whos hes eating, hes 7 months old and we've had him since he was 4 months old.

We remove it everyday but he is a sneaky little thing and there are times he can get at it, they are out in a big garage during the day when we're at work and during that time any mess that is made he will generally clean up!

Makes my tummy turn! yuk!

PhoebeandOla

Visit site
Yeah it is rather disgusting my collie did it for a while when she was younger but appears to have stopped now through feeding pineapple. If you could give it to them all it would work and has done for all the dogs we have known to do. Yours would probably be the exception though and make me look like some sort of internet weirdo lol
grin.gif

CAYLA

Visit site
As acolyte suggests....it is perfectly normal....it smells wonderfull to dogs, it's like steak and chips to us
smirk.gif
grin.gif
, use a citris collar and squirt it everytime u see him feasting on the sh!t
grin.gif
grin.gif
, it will blast a citris smell in front of his face, or a neutral one, either way it should work
smile.gif
or even cheaper water pistol.

Timmy100

Visit site
i thought i was the only person on here with this problem my two yr old rottie loves his poo.. i clean up as soon as they do anything but if i happen to miss him its gone and all i get is the residue in his teeth.. my GSD loves to role in fox poo and eat cat and horse poo i was told that cat poo is like us having a mars bar..I tried the pineapple and my dense rottie just thought it tasted even better even tried a DAP behaviour plug in which aint done jack..they both have balanced diet of purina salmon and rice as my GSD is a working dog and the rottie has a sensitive tum..i would try the spray i tried that too but being a rot he just barked and carried on ha,ha sorry im not much use least you know ur not on your own
wink.gif