Dog friendly break in Anglesey?

RockinRudolph

Visit site
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations of places to stay in Anglesey? We have 2 dogs and would just like to go for 2/3 nights - ideally we would like to be close to the beach. We have never ventured to Anglesey so know nothing about the different areas. I keep searching on tinternet but the vast majority of options seem to be big/expensive places for 6 or 8 (or more!) people. Any ideas would be appreciated!

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Have you tried some b&bs, we've done that and asked if they take dogs, sometimes the answer is yes! Also it's surprising the amount of hotels that do take dogs, just don't advertise it. Always worth asking :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I can't offer suggestions as to where to stay, OP, but funnily enough, we had a day out with the dog on Anglesey today. It's over 10 years years since we last went , but it was brilliant! A 4.6 mile circular walk from Lligwy Beach, near Moelfre, pictured here.
image.jpg2_zpseuvmzjxd.jpg

image.jpg4_zps8xsfj4zl.jpg

Lovely scenery, and very dog friendly (dogs are permitted on the beach all year round).

I hope that you are able to find suitable accomodation.

Emmahi

Visit site
We have a house in Anglesey so know it well! Great dog walking- most beaches are dog friendly and usually quite empty.
Try Menai holiday cottages- very good company. Newburgh beach has very good walks, amazing beach. Try oyster catcher, white eagle and black lion for fantastic pubs.

Roxylola

Visit site
It's not quite Anglesey, but the Anglesey Arms in Caernarfon is lovely and dog friendly. Really friendly little pub, does B & B

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Just back from a lovely long weekend in Anglesey. We've done some lovely walks (including the Lligwy one ) and would definitely recommend the island. Our Lancashire Heeler has probably got considerably shorter legs after the miles he has walked this weekend.