Dog friendly places/beaches Brighton area

Roxylola

Visit site
I'm having a few days darn sarf with my dogs next week.
I'm meeting up with a friend but she's a bit swamped at the moment so would appreciate some ideas for things worth visiting. Walks and beaches are good, gardens type places also.
Ideally nothing too muddy as we will camping.

maisie06

Visit site
Some beautiful walks in the cuckmere valley, have a google on that, also the area around Ditchling has some steep but fabulous walks, Beach wise I would think Rottingdean, seaford and peacehaven would be more pleasant than Brighton beach, check for dog restrictions though. The Bluebell railway used to be dog friendy too.

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
St Leonards Beach when the tide is out. Park near Undercliff and you can walk west as far as Eastbourne if you want. It means a drive along the coast but it is worth it. Or can you walk at Norman's Bay but parking there can be tricky - there is a pay and display at Pevensey. Travel further inland and you have the Ashdown Forest (will be muddy after all this rain). The South Downs are amazing - especially around Firle and tend to be dry. Avoid the cliff areas - dogs chasing seagulls and cliffs don't mix :(

teapot

Visit site
Brighton beach wise is shingle more than anything else - you need to head far further west if you wanted a proper beach to walk on.

As BBT says cliffs and dogs don't end well which is what the coast tends to be east of Brighton.

HashRouge

Visit site
If you go towards Shoreham the beach is quieter and there is a beach front path all the way along to Lancing, which means you don't have to walk on the stones! To my mind it's the nicest beach close to Brighton (depends how close to Brighton you're staying). Shoreham beach on a nice day at low tide is one of my favourite places to be. The Seven Sisters walk is also amazing but you'd want your dogs on leads (cliff edges as others have said!).
You can also do some lovely walks up on the Downs - there are car parks at the Jack and Jill windmills or Ditchling Beacon, though can get busy at the weekend so go early. Or Devil's Dyke is good for walks too. There are some nice National Trust properties with gardens to visit - Nymans probably has the nicest gardens of the ones I've been to.

Roxylola

Visit site
Spanner just likes to run in the sea she's not fussed if it's sand. I'm not a beach person, so it's for walking on not sitting or anything. Pretty is nice but not necessary for a beach.
We've spent plenty of time on Anglesey, I promise they're never off lead if I'm not certain they're safe.
I'll investigate the suggestions, thanks all ❤

HashRouge

Visit site
Spanner just likes to run in the sea she's not fussed if it's sand. I'm not a beach person, so it's for walking on not sitting or anything. Pretty is nice but not necessary for a beach.
We've spent plenty of time on Anglesey, I promise they're never off lead if I'm not certain they're safe.
I'll investigate the suggestions, thanks all ❤
Roughly where are you staying if you don't mind me asking?

I also like Rottingdean for a visit - it's got a really nice church with beautiful stained glass windows if that's your thing. But for walking I'd go to Shoreham beach and walk along the sea front there. There are some very fancy houses to nosy at too. But they are opposite sides of Brighton anyway - it might depend where you're staying as to what is easiest.

And if you're happy to keep dogs on lead, I highly recommend walking the Seven Sisters. It's a beautiful stretch of coast and the views are stunning.

Roxylola

Visit site
Roughly where are you staying if you don't mind me asking?

I also like Rottingdean for a visit - it's got a really nice church with beautiful stained glass windows if that's your thing. But for walking I'd go to Shoreham beach and walk along the sea front there. There are some very fancy houses to nosy at too. But they are opposite sides of Brighton anyway - it might depend where you're staying as to what is easiest.

And if you're happy to keep dogs on lead, I highly recommend walking the Seven Sisters. It's a beautiful stretch of coast and the views are stunning.
I want to say Goldencross. Its a campsite just off a main road near a big garage, Hailsham way maybe? My friend lives in lewes. We're going to have a day at tilgate I think

The Bouncing Bog Trotter

Visit site
If you are at Golden Cross I can recommend Abbotswood for a walk. The Six Bells in Chiddingly is a great pub, good food and a great atmosphere. If you want more gastro-pub The Gun Inn is worth a trip and the Roebuck at Laughton has just reopened. I hope you have a car as local public transport is not good. If you want more local info feel free to DM (I am very local ?).