Dog hair in cars?!

emma21

Visit site
Hi :)

I passed my driving test and now have a car! Buuuuut obviously both my dogs come in it quite alot. But they just put hair everywhere?! Its only a vauxhall corsa 5door 1998 thing so small so i think putting a dog gaurd and keeping them in boot would be a bit cruel...? Help please the husky cross is an absolute hair machine :eek:

PICS OF THE HAIR BALLS...

a967210b.jpg

DSC01126.jpg

emma21

Visit site
Toffee44 - I don't mind the hair overlly it's everyone else that does! They have the back seat and I cover that but they rest their heads on front seats / doors etc and te White hair on black seas really shows up!

Lexiedhb - haha the things we put up with for dogs?!

scribble

Visit site
I would not travel on back seat or front without a harness on both. We have attended incidents/RTA where dog has been thrown through windscreen as it has been on back seat. put them in boot or strap them in.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Our dogs have always travelled fine in the boot, had two GSDs in the back of a Ford Focus and a Fiat Uno, if anyone remembers those!!! Or drop the seats and get a box/two crates. If there's a towbar you could look at a trailer but they are pricey.

Cop-Pop

Visit site
I find popping to a hand carwash and paying the guys there a fiver to clean the interior works wonders :D Yellow Dog hairs get everywhere - I think he pulls them out and blows them into clean areas when I'm not looking :rolleyes:

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
If anyone has a rigid plastic cover over their handbrake rather than a fitted fabric/moulded plastic cover, remember to clean under it periodically.

I was wondering why my handbrake was becoming so hard to operate - a giant plug of horse and dog hair had collected under the mechanism. :eek:

lexiedhb

Visit site
I would not travel on back seat or front without a harness on both. We have attended incidents/RTA where dog has been thrown through windscreen as it has been on back seat. put them in boot or strap them in.

Yup harnessed and attached to a seat belt. Much safer IMO than dopey nuts trying to climb over from the boot due to no guard fitted!!

Slinkyunicorn

www.rutlandhorseextras.co.uk
I got some of the hardwearing covers from the local farm shop / the type they use in tractors etc and they work really well. They stop the worst of the hair/mud/wet getting through to the seats as they are nylon with a waterproof lining - when they get minging you just hide them and hang them on the line! They have towels/rugs etc on top so they can snuggle up and get some 'grip' :)

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
My two terriers go in the boot of my grand scenic and 9 times out of 10 I pull the parcel shelf over too, it stays cool as shady and they are much more settled when its dark and go to sleep!

(my parcel shelf is a piece of material that comes out on a roller x)

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
A couple of our club members have been done with fines by the cops for travelling dogs not restrained, I can imagine what damage a high-velocity, loose GSD could do!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
A couple of our club members have been done with fines by the cops for travelling dogs not restrained, I can imagine what damage a high-velocity, loose GSD could do!

One of my neighbours has 3 medium sized dogs who are hysterical in the car, bark, bark, bark, all 3 running around her little yellow car!! Shes famous around town everyone can hear her coming for miles, and she wears ear plugs!!! How she hasn't been fined is beyond me!

emma21

Visit site
Both of mine are harnessed and attached to seatbelts. I have just tried them both in boot and there isnt alot of room.... but there is enough.... to be honest might just put the majorly hairy destructive husky cross in boot and leave Murphy harnessed etc on back seat; hes not a big fan of cars anyway.

Another question leading on :) i dont really want a dog guard that has legs if that makes sense...? i think hell destroy it. Does anyone have any recomendations?

thank you :)

TED2010

Visit site
Both of mine go in the boot with a dog guard which is fine .... however my car is STILL covered in dog hair, it gets everywhere, even all over the dash board in the front! Doesn't help that they are malting and white hairs on black interior - not good! I have given up cleaning the car, waste of time! :D

emma21

Visit site
Both of mine go in the boot with a dog guard which is fine .... however my car is STILL covered in dog hair, it gets everywhere, even all over the dash board in the front! Doesn't help that they are malting and white hairs on black interior - not good! I have given up cleaning the car, waste of time! :D

Thanks for giving me faith haha!! His hairs just stick to everything and everyones clothes :rolleyes: I just dont think the two of mine would fit in the boot together- with enough room to sleep etc but murphy hardly moults soooo should be ok.

Ive only had the car a week but can see im heading down the not cleaning route already...!!