Dog magazine recommendations

wispagold

Visit site
Hi all, my mum's birthday is coming up and with lockdown we are a bit stumped for ideas. I have thought about a magazine subscription and I am looking for recommendations for a good UK working/gun dog/labrador mag that she would like. Any suggestions?

My mum has 4 dogs. Two old boys, a 2yr old chocolate lab who is successfully competing in scent classes and has also just started picking up for the local shoot. She has also just got a fox red lab puppy (2 weeks ago) the long term plan will be for him to work alongside the chocolate lab.

Any ideas welcome! Thank you ?

Clodagh

Visit site
Shooting Times. It has a dog article or two every week, if you can bear David Tomlinson and his 'only mongrels are any good' rhetoric. Also a good training article usually.
If you are vaguely into the country side and shooting it is interesting although can get a bit samey over the year.

wispagold

Visit site
Gundog Journal is fantastic. It is more like a book but is beautifully produced and well put together. My partner has a subscription and I enjoy reading it too.

Thanks, that is the one we have gone for in the end so glad to hear a good review!