Dog Rescue Charities....

Michelle73

Visit site
I'd like to know what experiences people have of various rescue charities when it has all gone wrong. I.E. you've taken a dog on and tried your very best, taken all the right advice from all the right dog trainers, been to training classes etc etc and yet you couldn't fix the dog and the charity have then requested that the dog be returned.
Has anyone else experienced this?
Did the charity offer any help, support or advice first?

FestiveSpirit

Visit site
I've had five rescue greyhounds/lurchers and it has never gone wrong
smile.gif
My lurcher in particular had a LOT of issues and was very challenging initially, but he turned out to be fabulous and I miss him still
frown.gif

Michelle73

Visit site
Glad all went well for you but we're only looking for info from when a dog has been returned to the charity under duress - its a very rare thing by all accounts. In this case people were let down by the Rescue Charity in a big big way and its is a most unfair cirumstance.

mrsbloggett

Visit site
Regretfully I had to return a dog to a very well known rehoming charity. Inspite of trying all of their suggestions, our lifestyle did not suit the dog and it was making his and our life miserable. The charity actually made it very difficult for us to return him, and the guilt they made us feel was almost unbearable.

Cop-Pop

Visit site
My parents had to return one - she was a lovely dog but their other dog is deaf and randomly barked. The rescue dog couldnt cope with this and kept attacking her
frown.gif
The rescue were lovely about it and worked with them to find a better suited dog
smile.gif