dog search

smellsofhorse

Visit site
i have a 7 yera old beagle, loves other dogs, very friendly with everyone and loves to play.
We rae going to look for a new addition, something full of energy, must tolerate cats and a 3 year old princess (daughter)!

What breed would you recomend?

Thinking of border collie, sprocker, anything else, good old mongeral?
Would like to rescue one too, but a local breeder is an option.

smellsofhorse

Visit site
Thanks for your replys.
My grandad has a dog from dogs friends and ive been looking on the many tears rescue.
So many dogs needing new homes.
its sad really, i want them all!

comet&joe

Visit site
there has been a post recently on h&h about a dog who needs to be rehomed by wednesday is thats any help? Not sure if he would be suitable or if you have seen the post already but its worth a try :) hopefully the post is still up

Luci07

Visit site
a staffie! actually seriously there are so many dogs in rescue (mostly staffie or staffie x) that I wouldn't get too hung up on the actual breed - if you call the rescue with your requirements and see what they have. I do like beagles, not short on character are they?!! though my friend had one who was an absolute pain for disappearing. "Recall" just never seemed to be in his vocab.

I have a staffie on trial (but she is staying!) and she would have met all your critieria easily. In fact she has proved to be such a hit I have already had 2 offers of a rehoming but she is settled with me now (and the other 2 staffies!)