Dog soiling kennel

Visit site
My spaniel has been at the kennels for a couple of nights. She apparently messed and weed in the kennel, she did this the last time she was in.
I know she is let out for two runs a day same as at home. She came to me from a puppy farm (breeding bitch) via a rescue and was not housetrained when she came. She has been clean for well over a year now and sometimes doesnt wee from 7pm - 7am. Would it be stress that made her mess do you think,Im concerned about her going in again.

Clodagh

Visit site
TBH PL it won't do her any harm, you need to think about what is best for you and if she has to go into kennels then you can give her a bath when she comes out.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Probably stress and confusion about where is the correct place to go. Having said that I know plenty of people who keep their dogs kennelled at home and the dogs are not clean in there, and it doesn't seem to bother them.

Arzada

Visit site
Years ago I had a wonderful holiday job in a boarding kennels. Each kennel had its own grass run which the dogs could use from about 8 am to 9 pm. The kennel was open so the dog/s could choose to be in or out. The kennel was closed at night. We did have one dog who soiled his kennel overnight but he was the only one.

Visit site
Morning, thanks for replies. The kennel doesnt have a run as such just a bed area its all under cover., it is a very small kennels, but the people are lovely and whenever I need her to go in they always make room for her. I would prefer her to go somewhere with a big run but most locally you need to book ages in advance and I dont always know when Im going to have to put her in. Shes back to her usual self, was totally wiped out the first night back. I worry about her too much because of her history, which is also why Im afraid for her when I have to give her up after the wonderful permanent home I found has failed.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Morning, thanks for replies. The kennel doesnt have a run as such just a bed area its all under cover., it is a very small kennels, but the people are lovely and whenever I need her to go in they always make room for her. I would prefer her to go somewhere with a big run but most locally you need to book ages in advance and I dont always know when Im going to have to put her in. Shes back to her usual self, was totally wiped out the first night back. I worry about her too much because of her history, which is also why Im afraid for her when I have to give her up after the wonderful permanent home I found has failed.

It does sound as if her toilet needs are probably not being met tbh. But as for rehoming her, I’m confused. I thought that was off the cards as you’re considering getting another dog.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Reading your OP, she was from a breeding farm, then sent time in a rescue, so I imagine the whole kennel situation is stressful for her. Could you not find someone who would either care for her either in their home or your own home when you go away again?

Visit site
No MM thats why she had to go into the kennels !
AmyMay, I am not rehoming her now, this is for when things get to the end, I thought I had a plan in place. However since Ive had an op Im hoping I will have longer, which is why I was thinking of fostering a dog which would be temporary.

Moobli

Visit site
I’d say a combination of stress and not being let out enough, esp if there is no oytdd as ice run area. Maybe have a chat with the kennel owners about allowing her access to the outside more often if home-sitters are not an option.