Dog still missing

Goya

Visit site
Apologies for the length.
I have been asked to cross post this from my flyball website in the hope that someone may be able to help. As they say the more looking for him, then the greater chance of him being found.

Dear Friends & Dog Lovers,

Firstly please forgive me for the en mass email.
Time is always at a premium, and so by emailing everyone together it means I can spend more time searching for Jacob elsewhere.

Many of you already know about Jacob, our much loved Bracco Italiano, who sadly has been missing from the Saffron Walden Essex area since January 21st 2009, therefore today marking him being missing for some 16 weeks.

For those of you who do not know about Jacob, quite simply, he is a much loved family pet, who went off after deer one morning on a familiar walk to him, and hasn't really been spotted ever since.
We have had a few vague sightings, or 'Jacobesque' lookalikes, but nothing firm leading to his homecoming. Something we desperately want, and hence us contacting you today to advise that yes, he is still very much missing.

I do get a lot of rescue centres phoning me through the week to see if he is home, and many individuals and companies are also kind enough to pick up the phone or email asking after him.
Many of you have added Jacob's appeal to your catalogues, websites, and mass emailed your customer lists and friends and family, all of which we are eternally grateful for.
Your kindness in thinking of Jacob and trying to help is what spurs us on in the plight to keep his name very much in the spotlight.
We have tried the media circles without much help, it seems a 'dog lost' story is one which doesn't raise much media interest.
There needs to be an 'angle' to it. What that angle is I will never know, but we cannot do more than we have already done I don't think, and with, or without the media on side, we battle on.

All we would like to ask today is that you please continue to pass the word to your friends, your customers, maybe even add him to any literature for shows or events, or put up his poster (attached) wherever you can - be that your local shop, your vets, your place of work.
Any extra poster placements and emails are what could bring him home.
Just anything you can do to help us spread the word.

I have to remember that Jacob could be anywhere out there, maybe even with a new, un-suspecting owner.
As I said before, we all pass on the "email 10 friends" emails, and those horrible chain letter emails, so if we could all do this for Jacob, as an utterly worthwhile cause I hope you will agree, it would be absolutely fantastic, and the word would hopefully continue to spread rapidly.

We cannot let our lovely boy just disappear without a fight, and be forgotten he was ever a huge part much loved part of our lives.
As heartbreaking as it is as time goes by, we just have to keep the campaign moving, with an air of positivity, hoping that one day someone, somewhere will have information which will hopefully lead him home to us.

Thank YOU all for any help you can offer, your generosity, and time given is very much appreciated.

Shelley & Jon Haggerwood
BLOG: http://missingbraccojacob.blogspot.com/

MISSING

JACOB

BRACCO ITALIANO MALE

MISSING SINCE 21/01/2009

MISSING FROM : SAFFRON WALDEN, ESSEX CB11

WHITE/ORANGE STANDS 27” AT SHOULDER

MICROCHIPPED

NO LONGER WEARING COLLAR/TAGS
PLEASE LOOK OUT FOR HIM IN YOUR AREA
HAVE YOU SEEN HIM WITH SOMEONE
OR KNOW OF ANY INFORMATION
£1000 REWARD FOR HIS SAFE RETURN
CALL 07828 671550
Or DOGLOST ON 0844 800 3220 quoting 16735
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cyberchick

Visit site
I didn't previously know of your situation but I have gone to the blog, become a follower and passed this onto various doggy friends within work so there are now more people out looking for your very lovely lost dog.

I wish you the best of luck and I promise to keep eyes and ears open. x

CaleruxShearer

Visit site
how awful, Interestingly though I did see a poster for a missing Bracco Italiano last week whilst out hacking, we are in Hertfordshire though....

I really hope he's found
frown.gif

x

Oneofthepack

Visit site
I've been following his postings on Doglost as I used to live very near Saffron Walden and wished I lived nearer to help with the search. There was a report that he'd been seen in Welwyn Garden City with a new owner but it didn't seem to lead anywhere.