Dog surviving on fresh air

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Just read all those replies.
What I’m doing is feeding Spud (lab, probably boss ultimately, definitely with the pups but he respects the old lady and won’t eat her food) and Jess (old lady) eat theirs in the utility room. He finishes in 0.2 seconds and disappears. She takes ages. The two puppies eat in a room off the utility rm. if it’s just Cecil he’s fine, he eats his and follows spud out. Daughters pup wanders, trying maybe to get old girls food. I never tell him off. I’m simply sat on the floor blocking the route to her bowl.
Is that wrong? (V happy to be told if so)
I guess maybe I need to feed my 3 in one room and hers in another with the door shut?
I’ve always had ganet dogs who love their food.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Just read all those replies.
What I’m doing is feeding Spud (lab, probably boss ultimately, definitely with the pups but he respects the old lady and won’t eat her food) and Jess (old lady) eat theirs in the utility room. He finishes in 0.2 seconds and disappears. She takes ages. The two puppies eat in a room off the utility rm. if it’s just Cecil he’s fine, he eats his and follows spud out. Daughters pup wanders, trying maybe to get old girls food. I never tell him off. I’m simply sat on the floor blocking the route to her bowl.
Is that wrong? (V happy to be told if so)
I guess maybe I need to feed my 3 in one room and hers in another with the door shut?
I’ve always had ganet dogs who love their food.

I would put him back at his own dish and depending on his demeanour, I might well say 'No' as he approaches the old girl's food.

fiwen30

Visit site
I remember watching an episode of Victoria Stilwell’s programme, where 1 dog in a multi-dog household would only eat if it was hand-fed, and was too worried to eat otherwise. It would leave it’s dish and roam around, and inevitably had it’s dinner nicked by the others. I’m pretty sure it was solved by offering the nervous nelly it’s dinner in a room by itself - the food was down for 20 minutes, and if it wasn’t eaten then the bowl was lifted and nothing else offered. Dog took a day or 2 to come round to the idea of not being hand-fed, and ate from it’s own dish provided it was given safe space to do so.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I remember watching an episode of Victoria Stilwell’s programme, where 1 dog in a multi-dog household would only eat if it was hand-fed, and was too worried to eat otherwise. It would leave it’s dish and roam around, and inevitably had it’s dinner nicked by the others. I’m pretty sure it was solved by offering the nervous nelly it’s dinner in a room by itself - the food was down for 20 minutes, and if it wasn’t eaten then the bowl was lifted and nothing else offered. Dog took a day or 2 to come round to the idea of not being hand-fed, and ate from it’s own dish provided it was given safe space to do so.
That sounds pretty familiar.
I’ll definitely try to feed him separately.