Dog toys that don’t quite go as planned…..

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
My OH's niece bought a furry fox for our dog for Xmas, she gave it to him, went into the kitchen, back into the lounge and the fox was well and truly dead 😂 all of 30 seconds 🙄

See that’s what I’d expect from the terriers - it’s taken me a while to get used to them after the greyhounds, but i know any squeaky or soft toy will be disembowelled immediately 🤣

I didn’t expect scared 🙄😳😳

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Honestly I am going to have one of those weekends I can tell 🤣 I banished the giggle ball to the spare room as Colin was lying next to it shaking with anticipation.

A few minutes later I walked past the spare room and Colin was sat at the closed door, shaking In anticipation 🤣

He has the ball back, whatever makes him happy 😊 that’s why I love owning dogs, they are so daft and unique and adorable and all those things ❤️

ArklePig

Visit site
We can't have any ball shaped toys for the house because my dog is well and truly an addict.

When we picked our dog up from the rescue, we did super market sweep in p@h on the way. Mr AP thought it would be 'wholesome' if she had a little teddy (used to his friends retriever who would carry hers around with love and affection). It was a hedgehog, took all of a minute to destroy and when I walked into the room and saw it in a brief glance, I thought it was one of our guinea pigs by the shape 😭

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Jeez @ArklePig i would have gone mad! I’d adore to have GPs again, they have wonderful personalities, but I’ve always had dogs who love them even more…. for the wrong reasons 🙄

The giggle ball is the size of a small football and is hard plastic so I think it will take Colin a little time to destroy it. Of course I’m not suggesting he won’t do that, he is determined 🙄

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
Yep, terriers here.
We have no dog toys of any type in this house, they just can't play nice 🙄😂

Weirdly the greyhounds and lurchers - well actually the lurchers - I used to have were just like that. Absolutely NO toys of any kind other than special supervised occasions because otherwise massive fights would erupt.

Now I have only 2 terriers - brother and sister, 6 months apart - it is somewhat easier to control the dynamics. I still won’t leave them unsupervised with toys of course 😊

• Haha
Reactions: tda

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
We had to permanently hide her giggle ball as it got the JRT so overexcited that we thought she might have a heart attack 😳.

Every now and again I’d accidentally nudge it and the damn thing would start up again, and the dog would be wild eyed trying to get at it again.

It’s now outside in the skip. Wondering if it needs a wooden stake through its heart to properly finish it off…

Last edited:

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
We had to permanently hide her giggle ball as it got the JRT so overexcited that we thought she might have a heart attack 😳.

Every now and again I’d accidentally nudge it and the damn thing would start up again, and the dog woukd be wild eyed trying to get at it again.

It’s now outside in the skip. Wondering if it needs a wooden stake through its heart to properly finish it off…

Mine giggled even as I picked it up from the post office. I do think a wooden stake is required (or donate it to a slightly less reactive dog?) 😊

Auslander

Visit site
Idris destroys virtually every single toy I give him. Sometimes it takes him a few months to get round to it. Sometimes it's straight away.
He then gets very upset that his "favourite" toy has been reduced to shreds

The only ones that are still in one piece are various rope toys, the Kong and the giggle ball. He loves them all, but not as much as he loves squeaky toys - not because they squeak, but because they usually have some form of white fluff inside them, and he really enjoys pulling it out and spreading it round my house!

Orange Pony

New User
Visit site
Not sure why I thought it was a good idea to order Colin a giggle ball from Amazon….. he is scared of it, keeps barking at it and is now sitting shaking while he stares at it suspiciously 🙄

Would anyone like a giggle ball for their dogs? 🤣

View attachment 136518
My dog ATE a silicone likimat. Had to go to the emergency vet to get it pumped out of his stomach! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
There's a boxer across the street that loves her Giggle Ball. She "talks" back to it and rolls it around.

I did buy the dogs this giant stuffed dog bone plush toy. They like to carry around plush toys and bring them into their beds. They don't destroy them. This bone plush thing is huge and has 2 squeakers and crinkly material in it. So it's rather disruptive. OH hates it, and I'm not sure why I bought it, really 🤣

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
See that’s what I’d expect from the terriers - it’s taken me a while to get used to them after the greyhounds, but i know any squeaky or soft toy will be disembowelled immediately 🤣

I didn’t expect scared 🙄😳😳
When we had the Rottweilers, we got some Kong Wubbas, (look like 4 legged octopuses) while they were tiny. They played with them a lot but didn't destroy them. They kept them intact for several years, playing tug together and just carrying them about until the day one of them found she could make them squeak! Her sister was petrified, then upset that her toy was hurt🫣.:eek:
We didn't have that trouble with the Labs, they took the ball out of the middle as soon as they could!

Auslander

Visit site
When we had the Rottweilers, we got some Kong Wubbas, (look like 4 legged octopuses) while they were tiny. They played with them a lot but didn't destroy them. They kept them intact for several years, playing tug together and just carrying them about until the day one of them found she could make them squeak! Her sister was petrified, then upset that her toy was hurt🫣.:eek:
We didn't have that trouble with the Labs, they took the ball out of the middle as soon as they could!
Idris got a Kong Wubba a few weeks ago. Loved it to bits, literally.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Mine giggled even as I picked it up from the post office. I do think a wooden stake is required (or donate it to a slightly less reactive dog?) 😊

It lives 😳🤣.

IMG_3627.jpeg

Son no 1 is round today. He well remembers the giggle ball and the effect it had on the JRT!

One of his bosses volunteers at an animal rescue which takes in dogs. The giggle ball has been retrieved from the skip (JRT was shut indoors out of earshot while that happened) and he’s taking the giggle ball along to give to her to pass on to the rescue.

Hope that the rescue is suitably braced!

SkylarkAscending

Visit site
It lives 😳🤣.

View attachment 136733

Son no 1 is round today. He well remembers the giggle ball and the effect it had on the JRT!

One of his bosses volunteers at an animal rescue which takes in dogs. The giggle ball has been retrieved from the skip (JRT was shut indoors out of earshot while that happened) and he’s taking the giggle ball along to give to her to pass on to the rescue.

Hope that the rescue is suitably braced!

I was looking forward to seeing the giggle ball suitably impaled to finish it off once and for all 🤣 but that’s also a good outcome 😊