Dog transport - experiences, costs and recommendations

JennBags

HHOSS Wonder Woman
Visit site
Now you know I'd never be so rash as to agree to take on a high drive 11mo collie pup from Scotland, in the middle of lockdown, so of course this post is totally hypothetical ????

Does anyone have pet transport experiences they can share, good, bad, indifferent.
Approximate costs for transporting a dog around 400 miles.
And any companies to recommend or avoid.

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
I can tell you the fun and games of 3k mile round road trips lololol.

I'd look at who the sheepdog people use. There are a couple of pet transport groups on FB where you could get additional recommendations.

Chiffy

Visit site
JB, Finley the golden retriever came to me by pet transport. Hertfordshire to SW Scotland. It was arranged by the family who asked me to have him. It may take me a while to find the emails but I think it cost £200 ish. They were a very nice company to deal with. Finley travelled in a huge compartment, lots of room to move, big bed etc but what I hadn’t figured in was that other dogs were picked up and dropped off on the way which added to the journey time. I was also sad how long he peed for when he arrived and he kept drinking all evening.
He was offered breaks but he was obviously too stressed to take advantage of it. I would always travel a dog in a private car.
The other goldie I had briefly came on transport from Ireland and as you know he was completely stressed out. He was only 8 months old.