Dog w/ Fractured Pelvis

Madrid

Visit site
My dog got hit by a car and fractured her pelvis. We opted to not do surgery r/t the high cost and are trying rest for 4-6 weeks to see if she will heel on her own. Has anyone had any experience with this? Any suggestions?

PennyJ

Visit site
Yes, I ran over one of my own dogs by accident and broke her pelvis, too bad to operate on (can't tell you how awful I felt about it). Were advised cage rest, in fact we found that a baby duvet on the floor and being left in a quiet place (our bedroom) worked fine and never used a cage with her which we felt would have stressed her. We fed her in the room and left water for her in easy reach, we just carried her out into the garden to do her business. She made a full recovery, so there's every reason for you to be optimistic.

gemmaw

Visit site
hope she gets better soon!! we had to cage our collie, she hit a towing bar of a caraven when running for a ball and broke her back but she was fine after! took a while and now she's old she was a bit wobbly balance but better than we hoped, fingers crossed for you! x