Dog walking AIBU

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
i see many people using a ball lobber for their entire walk,i dread to think what injuries they are storing up for the poor dogs :(

Whatever happened to doing things with moderation? I could understand those who throws a ball for a little fun, but not really those who use it as exercise/to make their dog tired. I mean it's so easy to just end up building up their stamina, then you need to throw it some more times to make them tired, and some more times, and eventually when you've built up their stamina so you're throwing ball the whole walk, what then?
Extend the walking time so you have time to throw the ball a few more times...

I noticed that in Blackcob's link they're mentioning throwing 1 ball to multiple dogs. I've mainly seen it on TV, and mentioned in adverts for some ball thrower, but I never liked the idea. Already the first time I saw it, I thought it not only looked like injuries waiting to happen, without also increased risk for several ball crazy dogs to get into a brawl over the 1 and only ball, and why any owner would want their dog to be encouraged to thoughtlessly run after any other dogs who they happen to see running away in a direction is beyond me.
Besides that, if a dog who likes catching balls gets beaten by a faster dog several times in a row, won't it increase the odds for them getting more obsessed with the balls they do manage to catch?