Dog walking is dangerous!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I was expecting this given 3 breaks in the past decade. Unless they were from falls from a 17hh lump at speed, which they weren’t. I suppose it’s good to know, but not what you need on top of the rest!

I’m empathising with you today, hobbling on crutches, knee has decided to slide round catching a ligament on every step. So fun, I thought of you as I came down the stairs. Slowly.

Yes, tbh, so was I, although I was hoping it wouldn't quite have got to full blown osteoporosis yet. AFAIK , we don't have it in the family, I don't smoke or drink much at all and I am definitely not underweight, which were all the things that she said were risk factors.
Amazingly when I did come off the 16.3hh lump onto the road because she bucked repeatedly (turned out that she had a back problem), I didn't break anything. I did have a back protector-type jacket on though.

Is your knee on the bad leg? Do take care, are you wfh? If not, now would be a good time to do so!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Yes, it’s the bad leg, the patella moves after being stood on by that ruddy horse.

Im working in school, we have to live lessons which isn’t compatible with dogs who think I should be taking them out and the OH on night shift as I chatter away to Year 10!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yes, it’s the bad leg, the patella moves after being stood on by that ruddy horse.

Im working in school, we have to live lessons which isn’t compatible with dogs who think I should be taking them out and the OH on night shift as I chatter away to Year 10!

I can see that wfh wouldn't work very well. Are you ok to drive or will you need to take some time off until it settles down again?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I can drive, just the bend to get in the car isn’t much fun.

Ouch! I was told that I cold drive, if I wanted to but I haven't tried and on reason for that is that I'm not sure I will be able to get the leg in. The ignis is a small car!

The other reason is that the battery was flat when I got back from hospital:oops:

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Update

I have been to the fracture clinic this morning, everything seems to be doing what it should and the infections have cleared up. However I have 2 courses of antibiotics to take if anything flares up again. Sister took me and got extremely cold waiting in the car but we thought it was best that she didn't accompany me inside. There were patients with someone with them who probably didn't need to be there but the clinic was very well organised, single seats well-spread out in an enormous waiting room, with staff going round disinfecting everything frequently. The pharmacy delivered my meds to the clinic, which did involve quite a wait but saved me walking to the opposite end of the hospital.

There was no room in the hospital carpark though, as there was a tent right by the door with drive-in testing going on and a constant flow of traffic through. I got out of the car and walked across the carpark, or I would have been late for my appointment. sister had to go and find a parking space on the nearby streets.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Not fun that you feel knackered, but besides the positive news from the visit at the fracture clinic, it also sounds sort of great that you walked further today than you've done since the accident, and you managed to do it!

a1161.gif

Hope it continues to go mostly onwards and upwards.
And that your sister have warmed herself up properly afterwards.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Yet another infection in the 2 offending pins but as I had some a-b's at home, I could start them straight away, so no need to stay in bed. I have been trying to get through to the surgery, as I got a text yesterday asking me to book a cardiovascular review. If the phone is engaged it automatically cuts out after 6 rings, so no queueing but I couldn't get through until this afternoon when the surgery is 'closed for training'. So in the end I have emailed, asking for a call-back

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Yet another infection in the 2 offending pins but as I had some a-b's at home, I could start them straight away, so no need to stay in bed. I have been trying to get through to the surgery, as I got a text yesterday asking me to book a cardiovascular review. If the phone is engaged it automatically cuts out after 6 rings, so no queueing but I couldn't get through until this afternoon when the surgery is 'closed for training'. So in the end I have emailed, asking for a call-back

Our surgery has now sent out a notification saying "we're busy vaccinating, don't attempt to contact us unless you think you have cancer". I'm not joking, I wish I was.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Our surgery has now sent out a notification saying "we're busy vaccinating, don't attempt to contact us unless you think you have cancer". I'm not joking, I wish I was.

Utter bonkers and yet my GP phoned twice at the weekend to offer me a free (unwanted) health check!

If you need abs, PaS, you can always phone 111. Another ruddy infection! It’s endless! Do you have a date for the removal yet? (I’m dreaming, aren’t I?!)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
All I know is towards the end of Feb. The answerphone message suggested ringing 111 but as there are a few things that I need to discuss l will try again tomorrow.

misst

Visit site
PaS do your surgery do e-consults. We encourage these and call back on the same day (unless Sat pm or Sunday when the website will tell to ring 111).
It is a really good system.
We are vaccinating and doing normal workload (ie all doing overtime) - urgent stuff should not be sidelined, there are guidelines for surgeries telling them what they can "shelve" for now and what they need to see regardless. You would come under emergency/urgent on the day call back. If you feel unwell and cannot get through call 111 they can contact the surgery and get them to call you.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
PaS do your surgery do e-consults. We encourage these and call back on the same day (unless Sat pm or Sunday when the website will tell to ring 111).
It is a really good system.
We are vaccinating and doing normal workload (ie all doing overtime) - urgent stuff should not be sidelined, there are guidelines for surgeries telling them what they can "shelve" for now and what they need to see regardless. You would come under emergency/urgent on the day call back. If you feel unwell and cannot get through call 111 they can contact the surgery and get them to call you.

They do but when I tried to use it before, it didn't like my answers, so I gave up. I might try again., if I don't get a response to my email tomorrow

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I got a response to my email, apparently someone had tried several times to ring but kept getting voicemail. I managed to get through to the surgery first thing this morning and when the receptionist checked my number to text me an appointment confirmation, it was the wrong number. I gave her the correct number, which they have used frequently over the last few months and the computer changed it back to the incorrect one again! I left her trying to sort that out, poor woman.

NinjaPony

Visit site
YMCB Please flag that GP surgery up to your local CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group); that is totally unacceptable. GPS are contracted by the NHS (not directly employed) and have an contractual obligation to offer primary health care services, despite the vaccination. Obviously these services have been reduced, and face to face appointments are minimal, but there is no way they should be sending out messages like that. I was ill last week, phoned my surgery, had a quick phone call with the doctor who prescribed me some medication that sorted it out. That is the bare minimum they should be offering!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
YMCB Please flag that GP surgery up to your local CCG (Clinical Commissioning Group); that is totally unacceptable. GPS are contracted by the NHS (not directly employed) and have an contractual obligation to offer primary health care services, despite the vaccination. Obviously these services have been reduced, and face to face appointments are minimal, but there is no way they should be sending out messages like that. I was ill last week, phoned my surgery, had a quick phone call with the doctor who prescribed me some medication that sorted it out. That is the bare minimum they should be offering!

Thanks for that. I'm going to change as soon as the pandemic is over, they've been dreadful for appointments for years now.

Glad you got a response PaS, I hope the latest infection is under control now.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
And to add insult to injury!

I started taking the osteoporosis meds last Saturday - just one tablet per week and by Thursday my 'good' foot had swollen, apparently it is a known common side effect of alendronic acid. Funnily enough the foot of the frame leg hasn't swollen any more and, in fact, the leg swelling seems to be going down.

misst

Visit site
Well you certainly are having a rough time of it. I hope things settle again quickly. There's no boredom with you around ;-)