Dog walking is dangerous!

{97702}

Visit site
Oh crumbs - so near an escape to go home but then maybe not! Although as the others have said, far better for it to be sorted properly now so it can heal in alignment and cleanly the first time around.

Fingers crossed they sort it quickly for you, they do seem to be very on the ball about your treatment

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
There Speaks the voice of wisdom! And I do know it really but am so very disappointed

Aye lass, you will be. It will pass. Every five minutes is a bit closer to being okay.

I know that sounds a bit trite, it's just what I use to get through the tough times.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Latest plan is to fix a wire frame to the bones and outside the leg. Temp job tomorrow and I can weight bear as soon as that is comfortable. Then I have to be referred to LGI for a longer lasting frame. I might have to wear it for up to 6 months. Wish me luck!

ETA, they are very good with the painkillers. Just had codeine for muscle spasms with morphine on standby
ETA 2 just been told that Covid test came back negative. They have been very good at keeping me safe so far.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Latest plan is to fix a wire frame to the bones and outside the leg. Temp job tomorrow and I can weight bear as soon as that is comfortable. Then I have to be referred to LGI for a longer lasting frame. I might have to wear it for up to 6 months. Wish me luck!

Flipping heck. You did it in fine style that's for sure lass. Good you'll be able to weight bear.

Baubles and tinsel on the framework at Christmas? Will be quite fetching along with the blue plaster and silver penwork.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
It would be but sadly the blue plaster and silver pen have to be exchanged for the frame. Dr wants to be able to monitor soft tissues closely. There is currently a massive blister over the break site.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Lord above! A frame!! You’re going to have some seriously impressive scars.

Codeine is nice, but beware the resultant itching, I was double dosing Piriton along with codeine, I had no idea why I was scratching my skin off! Also *whispers* beware of constipation with codeine. Dried apricots worked amazingly for me, but tricky when the unavoidable urge came and I couldn’t really walk.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

ETA, they are very good with the painkillers. Just had codeine for muscle spasms with morphine on standby
ETA 2 just been told that Covid test came back negative. They have been very good at keeping me safe so far.

Well you did a complete job on that PaS! What a nightmare. I hope the frame fitting goes well and you can get our of there and back home soon.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Well you did a complete job on that PaS! What a nightmare. I hope the frame fitting goes well and you can get our of there and back home soon.

Thanks, yes, I am looking forward to getting back home. I didn't ask how long I will have to stay in hospital getting used to the frame, or whether physio will be involved, I should have done but I haven't quite been thinking straight because of all the pain relief.
Ct, you are absolutely right about the codeine and itching, both feet felt as if they were on fire yesterday.

misst

Visit site
Sorry to read this PaS - shocking how quickly things go awry. Send vibes for a speedy discharge from hospital and a good recovery. Glad they are keeping up the painkillers for you .