Dog with problems....help!

madhector

www.darlingdressage.co.uk
I have an 9 month old English Bull Terrier, He is a lovely dog but we have some problems that I am not really sure what to do about. Always had collies before and this is completly different!

First thing was he was so smelly, and windy. Tried him on all sorts of foods but not difference. Now got him on a natural diet of meat and veg and he stopped being so smelly.

He however has really bad skin problems and is on all sorts of meds from the vet. He has recently started being very gassy again and they are quite smelly! I then discovered him eating his own poo. Followed by our other dogs poo (who gets normal dried dog food)

This diet is quite a faf and not sure of the benifits if he is only going to go and eat other dogs poo?!!!

Not really sure what to do, go back to normal diet? Stick with the meat and Veg? Why would he be eating poo????!!!

Any suggestions?? Please???! :confused:

s4sugar

Visit site
What exactly do you feed him?

What do you feed the other dog?

Have you tried fresh pineapple as part of his diet?

Dobiegirl

Visit site
You need to talk to East Kent perhaps pm her, from what she has said in the past they are prone to skin problems.

From what you said after he was on the natural diet his wind problems ceased perhaps its his meds causing the wind. The natural diet is it raw food?

As for eating poo all you can do is be vigilent and pick up poos before he gets to it, if it is when you are walking perhaps a light muzzle.