Dogs and their beds!

BallyJ

Visit site
Morning All!

Just hoping for some advise on dog beds?

We have a really lovely, expensive orthopaedic bed for the Labrador and both dogs love it! Our Lab is in Season so is craving her own space and sometimes gets barky/growly at the terrier if shes in there.

Do we think if i spend another £150 on the same bed they're still going to argue over the current one? Its annoying as for the first time ever we're having to separate them at night time. Roll on her finishing her season!!

Stiff Knees

Visit site
Quite possibly! Could you buy a cheaper bed to test the water before you commit to the expensive one? You could always give the tester bed to a dog charity if they prove happy enough in their own space? ??

BallyJ

Visit site
Quite possibly! Could you buy a cheaper bed to test the water before you commit to the expensive one? You could always give the tester bed to a dog charity if they prove happy enough in their own space? ??

She has a cheap bed, which she’ll start out in but then moves over to be with the Labrador! I can’t decide If it’s the bed or the Labrador? Terriers

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Crazy dog lady here. There are 3 beds in our lounge, two dogs, one of whom is currently on the sofa with the neighbour. I think I’d give the lab her own space. Is she getting spayed? So might be less grumpy afterwards?

Clodagh

Visit site
I would guess it’s more that she has reached sexual maturity and is now feeling more dominant. Two of ours will share beds and two won’t. No growling or barking is allowed but I don’t mind if one gets up and goes to another bed after getting a look. We have more beds than dogs.

BallyJ

Visit site
They were in the kitchen together again last night with no noise complaints, I'm going to bite the bullet and order the nice bed. Fingers crossed the Terrier will leave Lab alone!