Dogs dying from commercial food?

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Scotts a good bloke, haven't seen him in ages as our dogs decided they didn't like his mince for some reason. He gets whole rabbits too which landywoods who I use don't.This is Barney with one of Scott's bones (not his but what he sells!)

barnywithabigbone.jpg

He sells human grade meat too, he gets really nice burgers and sausages for my bbqs in the summer, leek & cheese sausages, bramley apple suasages, pork or beef sausages, all made by a traditional butcher , my family love them.

lexiedhb

Visit site
Meep! You get to meet Scott! *Swoon* I didn't need a delivery this month but I'll make sure I do next time even if my dogs become obese and have to waddle for a while :eek:

I'm so sad-what did you order?

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh is he a hotty then? Bum and bum, the order is being delivered to a colleagues house (converted her to raw!!), as her OH does shifts- and we save on delivery if it is to one address.

So we have coming:

Mince in various forms
Meaty bones
2 whole bunnys (please tell me they are skinned?)
Tripe
Chicken necks
Lamb ribs
Chicken wings
Liver
Heart

They have recently changed things a bit and had venison mince on offer this time- and also they now do their carcass/necks/wings in 1kg's instead of the 15kg's before. So excited!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Oh dear, bunnies come as nature intended! Here's one of mine with a Scott bunny:
IMAG0267.jpg
I see bunnies have gone up 50p each, wings up by 3p a kg. Who the heck feeds their dogs venison?! (must try it!). I cut the 3rd bunny in half with sharp scissors when Brig decided he wouldn't eat it, plus they're well over the boys' daily allowance.

Scott's not hot hot, just bloody lovely, I could spend lots of time chatting *cough cough*

Last edited:

EAST KENT

Visit site
Oh dear, bunnies come as nature intended! Here's one of mine with a Scott bunny:
IMAG0267.jpg
I see bunnies have gone up 50p each, wings up by 3p a kg. Who the heck feeds their dogs venison?! (must try it!). I cut the 3rd bunny in half with sharp scissors when Brig decided he wouldn't eat it, plus they're well over the boys' daily allowance.

Scott's not hot hot, just bloody lovely, I could spend lots of time chatting *cough cough*

Oh noooo! Would`nt want fur and all thanks.Reminds me of when we got four boxes of chook wings from a company..and it was fluffy little yellow chicks instead:eek:

blackcob

🖖
Visit site
Bunnies are excellent firmer-uppers, R once ate a whole one in the fur and was crapping shards and dust for days. :eek: :eek:

They are easy to skin and joint lexie, there's vids on Youtube. :)

lexiedhb

Visit site
Oh dear lord- what have I done!!!

What does a bunny weigh? hoping to just take the fur off- not totally convinced the ginger dog is not going to look at me like I have lost it otherwise!

And yes CT it has all gone up a few pence since I last wrote down what I wanted to order then didnt......

Last edited:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Those bunnies weighed about 1.2kg. The youngsters had one each then half of Brig's the next day. Bear stole the guts that fell out as I chopped it in half. :eek:

I worked out my next order is due 15 Feb, half term, perfect!

davisn

Visit site
Oh dear lord- what have I done!!!

What does a bunny weigh? hoping to just take the fur off- not totally convinced the ginger dog is not going to look at me like I have lost it otherwise!

And yes CT it has all gone up a few pence since I last wrote down what I wanted to order then didnt......

Personally I wouldn't worry about jointing it Lexie, if he eats it all one day you can just adjust his food accordingly the following day. That might make it a bit easier on your stomach & nerves!

minimex2

Visit site
Hi,
Nice looking products - can anyone please tell me do they deliver themselves or doesnt it get posted and what the avg postage cost (we live in kent/SE London)
thanks

lexiedhb

Visit site
OMG- you could have warned me that the lamb ribs come as entire blumming rib cages- would have bought a bigger knife!!

Sadly he was out of bunnies......

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
It is a fiver to Surrey. Sounds like Scott delivers himself.

They do only deliver once a month tho- well to here anyways.

This^^

OMG- you could have warned me that the lamb ribs come as entire blumming rib cages- would have bought a bigger knife!!

Sadly he was out of bunnies......

Tee hee! I had to stash mine in the neighbour's huge freezer! Tbh, tho, I managed to cut mine with my normal bread knife and sharp scissors. Did Scott chat or was it all professional/in a rush?

I found a local butcher who gets netted bunnies. May meander over at the weekend. :)

lexiedhb

Visit site
Didnt meet Scott unfortunately!! My friend came home to piles of frozen meat on her doorstep LOL.

Yeah I managed to get em in half eventually, now can not open the bottom two drawers in my freezer!