Dogs for your dotage!

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Oh don’t 😂
We live on top of a really exposed hill and our yorkie is x chi so pretty tiny. It’s like a little Vidal Sassoon advert firing across the yard 😳 he hates going outside in bad weather and to be honest I really don’t blame him!
Guy ropes?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I've downsized quite significantly from my Bernese Mountain Dogs via Flat Coats, Border Collie and now a Springer. He may be our last dog (says the person who was looking at another springer yesterday....). I wouldn't want smaller or hairier and although love retired greyhounds would be cautious if we could hold one if he/she decided to go during a walk in our dotage. They're also a bit too bony for me - prefer something a bit cuddlier.
Another springer? Pup or no? Have you decided yet?

Goldenstar

Visit site
My parents had a lab who was by chance timed perfectly to die just when they could not really cope .
I would have had to step in if events had not taken over .
They also had a rescued Lurcher of unknown age who I found injured in a ditch long story but she ended up with them .
Medium sized, good on the lead, great with other dogs and cats and people her only down side was slightly dodgy recall when excited .
She was a fully mature dog when we found her so probably would not have suited as a puppy but she was ideal she did not need to go off lead but liked wiz round a secure garden she did her job well .
She then came here where I had no problem with recall she needed you to just to be charge then she toed the line I think lack of exercise drove the issue I think my parents persuaded themselves they walked them more than they did and I believed them ( at that stage ).
She was a good dog for an older person .
I think I perhaps have one more pup in me , then I will rehome older ones a friend put an ideal lab on her Facebook seven year dog no issues owner has suddenly become ill would be perfect for me or even much older ones I think that what I will do .

nagblagger

Visit site
I have been mulling his question over for the last few days.
I know i would go with all these good intentions to get one type, sensible, older, small etc and end up with another heinz 67 as i felt sorry for it or it chose me.

sarah.oxford

Visit site
I currently have 2 staffords and compete in agility with them.
The only other breed I am tempted by at this point is a border terrier. I love their attitude and their looks. They are also more portable obviously, which would be an advantage in later life