Dog's gone off raw?

Jingleballs

Visit site
Our 3 year old lurcher has been fed raw food in the year and a half we've owned her. She also had a similar diet with her previous owner.

She'd always had 2 raw chicken wings or some sardines for breakfast and then a packet of Natures menu raw beef or tripe (the only one's she'll eat) later in the day to make up her 2% a day.

A few months ago, she started taking a while to eat her breakfast and it would sit for a couple of hours rather than scoffing it like she used to.

Now, she's started to do the same with the raw mince - in fact the other day she took ages to eat some human grade mince that was going spare.

We've had a few days where due to us being disorganised we've not defrosted the mince so she's had some complete mixer and then some tinned food (chappie or butchers tripe - basically just what I could pick up at the local shop). She always scoffs the tinned food and eats most of the dry food - I'm wondering if it's worth switching to a decent dry food or combining dry food and wet food?

It's annoying as I know the benefits or raw (and love the fact that I've got less frequent and smaller poo's to deal with). Any decent foods worth considering that won't break the bank? The natures menu is less than £1 a packet and I can get 6 to 8 chicken wings for £2 so don't really want to spend more than this.

planete

Visit site
How is her weight? A lot of lurchers self-regulate their food intake. My lot all started leaving food a few weeks ago when the weather got warmer, leaving their breakfasts. They are all a good weight and they seem to need less food in warm weather. I have not changed their food but reduced the amount they get by a third until their appetite picks up. Any uneaten food goes back in the fridge. I let myself be messed around food wise by my first lurcher but have learnt not to worry since then.

Jingleballs

Visit site
Her weight is spot on planete - maybe she is just regulating her food intake. I'll maybe just start reducing the amount offered - just offer the mince for now and cut out the breakfast and see how it goes - interesting that she's still wanting to eat the tinned food though.

cremedemonthe

Was Caterham on the Hill, Surrey now Wales
Visit site
Mine do this now and again, I feed them chicken wings or turkey necks in the mornings, sometimes they just get bored with the same thing every day so I change it for something else, they soon eat it then.
Just try swapping food around and get something new in, look at other raw food suppliers to see what they have.