Doing horses in Pjs

blitznbobs

Visit site
Following on from the work clothes thing - which I don't do as I work in hospitals (hygiene being important!)

I wonder how many people do the first and last visit in pjs - this is something I do regularly ... Am I abnormal ?

3OldPonies

Visit site
Friend of mine often does hers in pjs, specially after a good night out. She can even manage to ride in them, somehow squishes them under jodhs, says the chafing is too bad not to cover them up with something.

WandaMare

Visit site
Yes I do...mine are fatties so i like to feed as late as possible and first thing when I wake up. I wear a coat over my pjs and nip out to put feeds and a section of hay in each stable. Then go back in make a cup of tea and take my time getting ready before getting dressed and going back out to turn-out. All perfectly normal in my strange little world :)

oscarwild

Visit site
Yes I too go outside and do the horses in my pj's first thing in morning and last thing at night. Also do my colic checks in my pj's the couple times my mare had colic. Doesnt bother me but I do wonder what the police would think If i was ever invloved in a car accident when at last yard when my mare had colic. But she now kept at home so I dont have to worry about that one!

Foxy O

Visit site
I do mine in pj's when I'm having a lazy morning, just feed, hay and water check, then after my breakfast and when I'm dressed I will do all the other horsey chores :)

flurryjuno

Visit site
I did when mine were at home, 6am in the morning and I'd come home after school and get straight into my jammies. Didn't think about it until someone called round one evening and I came up from the horses in christmas jammies, makeup and wellies after school:D

Fides

Visit site
Seriously? Am l the only one that thinks this is weird? PJs are for bed... l'd be embarrassed to go to the yard in them. And onesies -eughhh!

magicmoose

Visit site
Always do morning feeds and skip out in pjs, covered up with a very stylish overall and wellies. Last check at night is often in pjs too.

Us horsey folk really do live the most glamorous lifestyle!!

Bobbly

Visit site
I have my 'horsey' dressing gown which I wear over my 'fluffy' one and go down the yard quite a lot(at home) to feed and sometimes turn out.

Ridingondreams

Visit site
The only time I've worn pjs to do the horses was on Pony Club camp, because we were on a competition yard and had to feed really early when they fed theirs :) If they're kept at home I can understand though, although it's not something I would do - I always wear pj shorts and I reckon I'd be a bit cold in winter!! :p

Fides

Visit site
Mine are at home and l will put night nets out at 11-12 in my dressing gown, and if l want a lie in l will chuck breakfasts at them and go back to bed but l wouldn't actually 'do' them in my PJs. My PJs are my comfy sanctuary ;}

Foxy O

Visit site
Seriously? Am l the only one that thinks this is weird? PJs are for bed... l'd be embarrassed to go to the yard in them. And onesies -eughhh!

LOL I think it is different when they are at home, I wouldn't do it if I had to go to a livery yard. It also means I can then take a cup of tea back to bed on a weekend morning, without worrying about the horses being without food or water :D

*sprinkles*

Visit site
I used to when I kept the horses at home. At a yard 30 mins away I think it'd be a bit weird. Although I do keep my bed socks on :)

PolarSkye

Visit site
If I had Kal at home, I'd certainly do early feeds and late checks in my jammies . . . but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be mucking out, etc. in them. Not nearly warm enough!

P

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I throw a feed at him over the door in the morning and do last check and lights out at night, not in PJs, but in dressing gown and slippers.

Before there are gasps of horror, he lives outside the back door and the yard is walled and gated with tall wooden gates!!!

I don't go in with him like that tho, as a previous poster says, the hay would get stuck in the sheepskin slippers!

TelH

Visit site
I never do in the mornings, always get properly dressed first, but I have been known to do late night checks in pjs. My ponies are at home though, I would never do it if I was on a livery yard.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
ponies are at home-yes, I do last hays in PJs (and rigger boots lol) and at the weekends, first hay and feeds and let chooks out in pjs. I do wear a coat if needed (it is Scotland) and I don't actually wear pjs to bed.

RubysGold

Visit site
I am at a livery yard and there is a girl that seems to live in pjs/onesie :S she has them on almost every time I see her, just weird
it annoys me when people go to Tesco and such in them

Jola

Visit site
Quite often pjs and then a onesie on top... And I'm at a yard. Oh thinks its weird but I'm beyond caring!! It's a very fetching look with wellies!!

Illusion100

Visit site
A Stud farm/livery yard owner always fed everyones horses 1st thing and checked them before he went to sleep. Always did this in his dressing gown. We all used to laugh saying we knew if he had a cold or not depending on whether he had a polo neck jumper on under dressing gown.