Doing horses in Pjs

I*HM

Visit site
When I still had my lad, I often did morning feeds, checks, turn out, skipping out, evening feed, lights out etc in my pjs. But I did keep him at home so I think that was a factor! Would just throw on wellies/muckers and a rain jacket if needs be, if I were mucking out then maybe throw waterproof leggings on either.

I have also done horses at a friends house several times. I'd stay over at hers quite often, sometimes even bringing my lad along. In the morning when she'd go out to sort out her lot and her Dad's thoroughbreds in her PJs and I'd go help in mine. More than once someone drove into the yard and caught us haying up or feeding 12 horses in our PJs!!

Never really bothered me, all my clothes are full of hay and horse hair as it is, as long as I don't come in stinking or covered in mud, I'm happy!

JLD

Visit site
I sometimes will run down chuck a feed in and open the gate to the field in pj's ( pony at home at bottom of garden ) but only if I am doing him really quickly before the children wake up before OH leaves for work, as I can shower and get dressed when they are up but don't like to leave them un supervised in house once they are up as they are very small.

Lottiedots

Visit site
If you keep them at home you can wear what you like! Generally don't do them at night in pjs but mornings at weekend yes. After a night out I can be found last thing at night skipping out wearing cocktail dress and wellies, sometimes at 1 in the morning!

RunToEarth

Visit site
I ride in mine, and am often doing the horses in them (horses are at home) BUT I don't wear PJs to bed, ever - they are for horses/gardening/cleaning and I have allocated "horsey" pjs.

WandaMare

Visit site
At my last yard the YO would sometimes come out of the house with just her duvet wrapped around her lol. She'd spot one of us she wanted to talk to through the window then come stomping out onto the yard. That really was a sight first thing in the morning!

el_Snowflakes

Visit site
if I kept mine at home- yes, I would probably do morn/night checks but as im on livery I don't as id need to change anyway when I came home due to the smell!

nikCscott

Visit site
I have a yard to myself and often shoot down for a turnout in the morning in my PJ's probably slip a bra on though ;)

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
That is one of the perks of keeping the horses at home. Just before we moved here, the horses were temporarily at a friend's farm. She told us how nice it is to be able to put the kettle on, first thing in the morning, pop across the yard in your dressing-gown and come back in to make the cup of tea. She was so right!

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
If you live at home then do what you like I agree wholeheartedly. I am insanely jealous!!!

However, some girls come to the farm in pjs and slippers. I think that's just trashy and lazy.

khalswitz

Visit site
When house-sitting for my YO I've done morning feeds in PJs - but literally throwing feed buckets at ponies in fields, letting out the hens and geese, and letting the dogs out before going back in in PJs for breakfast. If I had mine at home, I would do feeds/checks in PJs as I tend to change into PJs whenever I know I'm not going out again (I find them more comfy than jeans and warmer when the heating's not on!!) but I wouldn't do hay/muck out etc as ew.

On a livery yard? No way. But I do often go in slouchy trackies and a hoodie if I'm not riding.

MerrySherryRider

Visit site
Don't wear PJ's so get washed and dressed straight away before going downstairs. I'm ready for action once dressed, so no slopping around.
A few people at the yard muck out in PJ's sometimes and I'm curious as to whether they hot wash them before wearing them in bed again.

2horsesnomoney

Visit site
I have my 'horsey' dressing gown which I wear over my 'fluffy' one and go down the yard quite a lot(at home) to feed and sometimes turn out.

This is exactly what i was thinking i like lazing around the house in pjs but have never left the house in them and my horses are on DIY livery so i would get some strange looks!

catembi

Visit site
I've run out to feed the cat with nothing on at all...!! She was sitting on the wheely bin howling at 4 am and at the time our bed was in the dining room so she was v loud.

Got up, nothing to hand that I could be bothered to put on, so I just put on my ariat zip trainers and nipped across to the stables with a tin of food for her. There was quite a hard frost, so I soon nipped back in!

If someone had driven past our gate verrrrry slowly, they could have seen me, but who goes kerb crawling somewhere too rural to even HAVE kerbs at 4 am...??!!!

T x

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
I've run out to feed the cat with nothing on at all...!! She was sitting on the wheely bin howling at 4 am and at the time our bed was in the dining room so she was v loud.

Got up, nothing to hand that I could be bothered to put on, so I just put on my ariat zip trainers and nipped across to the stables with a tin of food for her. There was quite a hard frost, so I soon nipped back in!

If someone had driven past our gate verrrrry slowly, they could have seen me, but who goes kerb crawling somewhere too rural to even HAVE kerbs at 4 am...??!!!

T x

Erm... should you even admit that??!!!??!! :D:D

Visit site
If i had my horse at home i'd probably be in my PJ's all the time! I do sometimes chuck joggers and a hoody over mine if i'm just chucking out first thing but i get a bit hot!

I'm at a big yard though, noone wears their PJ's, including the people that live there.

el_Snowflakes

Visit site

T x

Christ on a bike!!.....

what if you had slipped and broken a leg.......found freezing & injured in noubt but your ariats! :p each to their own I suppose!!! :D

Ladyinred

Visit site
Opened this thread thinking it was going to be about 'PJs' for horses and all the arguing was going to start all over again. Thank heavens I was wrong!

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I do but my horses are at home, always do the morning feeds, late night check and turnout in pj's often even muck out in them even at about 4pm if I have had a heavy night out:)

HollyWoozle

www.farandride.com
1504132_10153906000270203_982748871_n.jpg

catembi

Visit site
It's 10 metres max from back door to stables, & back door cannot lock itself - will only lock if you pull up the handle & use a key. Drive is gravel & not slippy. Was probs out for 30 seconds & it would have taken me faaaaaar longer to have got dressed & then undressed again. Seemed like a good idea at 4 am to get cat feeding over & done with as quick as poss so I could get back to sleep!

T x

Jay89

Visit site
I quite often go down in my pjs, especially if I've had a glass of wine or 2 the night before! I've even been down in my onesie before!

miss_c

Visit site
Yup I've driven to the yard if just turning out/bringing in while wearing PJs... and when doing night checks when G's been ill I've just pulled tracksuit bottoms & hoodie over the top...

Angus' yard

Visit site
Always turn my boy out in my pjs first thing. I put the kettle on and by the time I'm back indoors it has boiled and the dogs have finished their breakfast. Always get dressed to muck out though.