Doing the horses in work clothes....

DragonSlayer

Visit site
...i have to admit that due to the fine weather recently, I've been stopping at the field straight from work to put out the night nets. :p

Flat shoes I hasten to add and I wear trousers, can't bear skirts...

Luckily our land drains very quickly too so very few muddy patches!

Who else is guilty of such a terrible crime??

Ridingondreams

Visit site
I go to the yard straight from school, and I often just put my boots on before skipping out - although I'm usually in jeans and a t-shirt, so it's not quite as obvious! :D

EffyCorsten

Visit site
I'm mostly guilty of doing things in summer dresses and flats when it's warm with mine at home I cant stick to doing non horsey things for very long before I think of an excuse to go pester them.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Go straight there every evening, but change into boots & lob a jacket or an old cotton shirt over my top half - particularly at present as moulting is making hair fly everywhere!

Mornings I go to yard, then home & shower before going to work in fresh clothes :)

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Guilty as charged: but in mitigation I DO bung on a pair of waterproof trousers plus an old sweatshirt on top, so there's no tell-tale hairs or hay-bits!! I tuck black work trousers into socks, then put on waterproof trousers on top, and feed feet into muck-boots. This makes sure there's no mud or anything on the bottom half. Top half is nicely covered, and I just bung hair into a Buff........ which will flip off easily - and hey-presto sorted. All it takes is a minute or two to put on the protective stuff (and take it off again) - well worth the effort :)

And all it then needs is a quick spritz of cologne (half cologne, half water) from a diffuser thing (go to the garden centre, airspray thing for plants!), spray around copiously, and I always have a spritz of cologne on my hair too just to freshen it up; a quick puff of Anti-Perspirant under the arms, and/or a bit of talc........... and hey presto sorted:)

Simples.

Last edited:

Abby-Lou

Visit site
No i go home and change looks like i'm the only one LOL !once worked with a girl who mucked out and came to work in same clothes and you could really smell horse pee so I vowed never to wear work clothes again !

skint1

Visit site
In the summer I have been known not only to do the horses in work clothes but to ride out in my work clothes (leggings and dresses) I tend to do my evening yard in work clothes all year round, in cold/wet weather I top off my ensemble with waterproof trousers over the top because I am a mud magnet! In winter I change into clean work clothes in the tack room, then when I get to work I sort out my hair/wash hands/face etc

maccachic

Visit site
Daily straight from work to paddock - change in shed if riding otherwise just throw out feed, quick check avoid snotty and slobbery bits and leave her to it. I wear skirts as well.

Dubsie

Visit site
Usually put the feed and hay out for the ponies in my PJs, - stick kettle on, let dog out, do ponies (feed and hay is all ready to do - they live out) bring dog in, make pot of tea, feed dog, pour out tea take OH his in bed, get dressed, then pop down later to poo pick when dressed.

smja

Visit site
Nope, I'm incapable of doing jobs without getting myself grubby...but I do get changed into yard clothes at work before going to the horses of an evening :)

shadeofshyness

www.packthesuitcases.com
It is possible to skip out after work in a pencil skirt, blouse, tights, and heels, as I did it once in a needs-must situation! But as I get the train to/from work, I have to go home to get the car so have no excuse not to change into yard clothes :)

Merrymoles

Visit site
I'm lucky as I am self employed and work from home most of the time so I work in my horse clothes! No point in getting changed unless I have to and horse clothes are much more comfortable.

However, if I'm going to the yard before or after a meeting, I often do stuff in my work clothes.

Bills

Visit site
Ditto above!! I even ride in my work trousers as I am THAT lazy, I just change my top! Luckily I have lots of pairs to wear a clean pair every day :)

Who needs jods in the week aye ;)

3OldPonies

Visit site
Mornings I go back home and get changed (and do all the other pets feeds too1), evenings it's get changed in the disabled loo and wear a fetching jodhs and high heels ensemble back to the car! Or get changed in the shed at the stables if there is a possibility I could get locked in at work. Have been known though, if anyone is in on box rest or needs a lunchtime visit to be seen in short skirt and wellies or jodh boots! I'm just a mud and muck magnet so to try to do the daily trips in work clothes would see me banned from the office in no short order!!!!!