Dolly 330 days today :)

kasey88

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

we have a gypsy mare at 330 days today in foal to smokey buckskin appaloosa i just thought id share with you all ;)

she started bagging 2 weeks ago and has a decent size bag on her now wich stays up all the time, she is looking very fed up now laying down alot finding it hard to breath when she is so back up again, butt rubbing constantly. we think this is her first foal but can't be 100% as haven't owned her long enough.
she has no wax, vulva seemed quiet relaxed the other day but not sure today looks different but can't put my finger on how :mad: muscles round back end getting soft & she's been very quiet today, when turned out just stood with head down & now she's in same again, hope its not much longer :) how long do you think? I'm gessing next week

these were her 29th of April

And Today....

Spring Feather

Visit site
She doesn't look ready yet. One thing I would say is, her vulva looks small in the photos so if I were you I'd make absolutely sure you are definitely with her when she foals. My maiden for this year also had a small vulva opening and I knew there was going to be problems with foaling, and there was, but I was with her and delivered the foal and both survived and are doing fine.

kasey88

New User
Visit site
yea we are watching her on cctv from in the house to give her some privacy but keep a good eye on her so can assist if needed :) glad to hear you'r mare & foal are doing well