Dolly met her new owners today :)

tessybear

Visit site
So today Dolly met her lovely new owners, they have placed a deposit on her and she will be going to live in the Yorkshire Moors :) It was a difficult decision to sell her, but whilst we don't have the time with me going to Uni nor the space this lovely couple certainly can and so much more.

And for all of Dolly's HHO aunts they are on here ! I cannot remember their username but im sure they will come along and say hello later :) Please no comments about how we should have kept her etc. Its not the responsible thing, I will cry like a baby when she goes but it's in knowledge she is going to a forever home where she will be loved and spoilt.

A happy post that marks a new turning point in the Bogof Dolly Mixtures life :)

mulledwhine

Visit site
What!!!!! I did not know you where selling her !

What's lovely home it sounds like :)

If you don't have the time , then I think you are very brave :)

I will miss your HHO and Facebook posts :(

tessybear

Visit site
Well done for posting this, chick :)
I'm sure everyone will be happy and we'll all get photos :D

Thank you lovely, I know someone will have something to say about us selling her, but im thinking with my head not my heart here. They have said we can go visit her whenever and have them on Fb too ! Im so happy, its a relief to me, a heavy burden has been lifted knowing this special little girl is going to an amazing home.

ChestnutTinker

Visit site
Thank you lovely, I know someone will have something to say about us selling her, but im thinking with my head not my heart here. They have said we can go visit her whenever and have them on Fb too ! Im so happy, its a relief to me, a heavy burden has been lifted knowing this special little girl is going to an amazing home.

Well if anybody says anything they're clearly not thinking about Dolly's best interests!! You've done a brilliant thing and found her a fantastic home! So, good on you! :)

tessybear

Visit site
What!!!!! I did not know you where selling her !

What's lovely home it sounds like :)

If you don't have the time , then I think you are very brave :)

I will miss your HHO and Facebook posts :(

Yes sadly :( Im sure they will say hello later and tell you about themselves but they have done amazing things with other horses, saved one ! Its a decision i didnt want to make but hadto be done

New owners have said they will update :) so im sure it's not the last you will hear of Dolly :p

ATrueClassAct

Visit site
Awww I'm sure you've found her a lovely lovely home :) and with technology nowadays you can see all kinds of photos snd videos :)
I can say from taking a horse to uni with me, it's not easy finding time for everything...and my old lady is retired!

Fjord

Visit site
That sounds like a very sensible option TB, and I'm sure she's going to have a wonderful time on the moors.

tessybear

Visit site
Awww I'm sure you've found her a lovely lovely home :) and with technology nowadays you can see all kinds of photos snd videos :)
I can say from taking a horse to uni with me, it's not easy finding time for everything...and my old lady is retired!

It really is, we have been told we can visit too so im super happy about it all :) She will be lvoed and cared for, what else can we ask? x Well that is is, i would have two to care for whilt at uni and commuting ... not ideal :(

They sound great, when are they going to be getting her?
You know when you meet someone and you just know they are good people ? It was that, fantastic couple. When Dolly dodar is weaned :)

Don't worry about what people say, you recognised you could not do the best by her, and found her a lovely home :)

That's all any one can ask for :) xxxx

Thank you lovely, they can offer her so much more and it would be cruel for us not to allow her that xx

tessybear

Visit site
That sounds like a very sensible option TB, and I'm sure she's going to have a wonderful time on the moors.

It is, we dont have any experience with youngsters they do ! and they have much more land etc. more importantly time :) Oh i bet she will hooning about with her new buddies !

HBM1

Visit site
As long as you are happy with her new owners that is what counts. I have sold homebreds (and kept more) and I love getting updates as to how they are doing, and seeing them growing up so happy. I always ask that if they ever need to sell I get first refusal. That gives me peace of mind too. I am sure she will be much loved. X

tessybear

Visit site
As long as you are happy with her new owners that is what counts. I have sold homebreds (and kept more) and I love getting updates as to how they are doing, and seeing them growing up so happy. I always ask that if they ever need to sell I get first refusal. That gives me peace of mind too. I am sure she will be much loved. X

I bet it was difficult, im sure she will too ! x

Know exactly what you mean, it's a lovely feeling. When is she going to be weaned? (Excuse my silly question :eek:)

Err around 5 months i should think ( she is struggling to drink at the moment and Tess is pushing her away at times ) :)

Ladyinred

Visit site
Tessybear you have acted with such maturity through the shock and then the birth of a totally unexpected foal. I am sure everyone will understand this isn't a decision you took lightly and that you have found Dolly the best home you can.

FWIW I think you have done the right thing, and done it early so you don't have a last minute panic to sell before uni. If anyone can find fault with your decision then I think they will have a load of HHO'ers on their heads!!

Look forward to meeting the new owners.

ShadowHunter

Visit site
What a brave choice. You didn't ask for Dolly, so you've done extremely well with her so no one should have the right to say that your doing wrong by selling her. It's beautiful up in the Yorkshire moors, im sure she'll love it.

Hopefully the new owners can update us with her progress. Would be lovely to see her grow up and eventually be backed. :)

Armas

Visit site
What a brave choice. You didn't ask for Dolly, so you've done extremely well with her so no one should have the right to say that your doing wrong by selling her. It's beautiful up in the Yorkshire moors, im sure she'll love it.

Hopefully the new owners can update us with her progress. Would be lovely to see her grow up and eventually be backed. :)

I could not of said this any better ^^^^ Well done for being brave & responsible.

indie999

Visit site
Oh gosh dont worry about doing the right thing!! I have seen too many ruined horses for folks that dont have the skill or time. So you are doing what is best for Dolly and thats all that matters. But good luck she has been one lucky foal to have had such caring owners and a great mum of course.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience, thoroughly enjoyable.x

Boxers

Visit site
That's lovely news Tessybear. The best thing for Dolly is what matters. Of course you will missmher dreadfully, but she will have a great life I am sure, and hopefully her new owners will come on here and give us all the updates.

tessybear

Visit site
Tessybear you have acted with such maturity through the shock and then the birth of a totally unexpected foal. I am sure everyone will understand this isn't a decision you took lightly and that you have found Dolly the best home you can.

FWIW I think you have done the right thing, and done it early so you don't have a last minute panic to sell before uni. If anyone can find fault with your decision then I think they will have a load of HHO'ers on their heads!!

Look forward to meeting the new owners.

Thank you :) It wasn't easy but my happiness comes after Dolly ! her new owners can offer her so much more which she deserves :) they have a 3 hour drive home :eek: bless them in this weather !

It looks beautiful plenty of room for a speedy foal to gallop about in :) It will be amazing to watch that happen and im sure they will share it with you guys too :)

I could not of said this any better ^^^^ Well done for being brave & responsible.

Thanks you ! :)

Oh gosh dont worry about doing the right thing!! I have seen too many ruined horses for folks that dont have the skill or time. So you are doing what is best for Dolly and thats all that matters. But good luck she has been one lucky foal to have had such caring owners and a great mum of course.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your experience, thoroughly enjoyable.x

That's it we dont have the time or knowledge and they do :) Such a fab couple and im sure she will enjoy her time up there, It was amazing to share it all :)

Buds_mum

Visit site
Yorkshire moors?? Thats in my vicinity, anywhere near Whitby? Ooo I would love to see her out and about in the future.

So glad she has gone to good people, good luck Dolly and well done Abbie!!! xxx

tessybear

Visit site
Yorkshire moors?? Thats in my vicinity, anywhere near Whitby? Ooo I would love to see her out and about in the future.

So glad she has gone to good people, good luck Dolly and well done Abbie!!! xxx

Yikes i cannot remember ! When they are on im sure they can tell you :)

So am i, such a relief off my shoulders ! x Thanks lovely x

amage

Visit site
TB anyone stupid enough to say you are irresponsible doesn't know what they are on about. You have been more than responsible in your whole attitude and they way you have dealt with a surprise baby in the midst of exams etc. Selling her is the responsible thing to do having recognised that you don't have the time for her with Uni etc. many experienced breeders could learn a thing or two from you. Well done on finding a super home, she will always be your first baby and is a credit to you thus far.

ChestnutTinker

Visit site
TB anyone stupid enough to say you are irresponsible doesn't know what they are on about. You have been more than responsible in your whole attitude and they way you have dealt with a surprise baby in the midst of exams etc. Selling her is the responsible thing to do having recognised that you don't have the time for her with Uni etc. many experienced breeders could learn a thing or two from you. Well done on finding a super home, she will always be your first baby and is a credit to you thus far.

^^ THIS!

tessybear

Visit site
WELL I failed in my quest to find their profile ;) :p

:D They will be on when home they had a 3 hour journey bless them :(

Thank you so much, brought a tear to my eye ! I love dolly, it's hard not to get attached to something so beautiful and she has given me an amazing experience :) However it's not time for someone else who can offer her so much more to take over the next chapter of her life :)

Hoopsa

Visit site
You have made a brave but very correct decision. Too many people plough on when they haven't the time or space for another horse. Her new owners sound lovely - first impressions count for a lot. Looking forward to more pictures!