Dom's first outing in 2011

Three

Visit site
Dom had his first venture out this year - in the cold, rainy grey yuk that is currently February.

He did two tests (Ele 42 & Ele 57). 42 was indoors and he was tense and did his breath-holding-thing which added to the tension. The judge rightly gave him mostly %s & 6s (well 12x6 and 6x5 but disappointing for Dom) but he sneaked half a dozen 7s in giving him a low 58.75%

57 was outdoors and was a bit better but still not up to his usual standard. However only one 5 marred his collection of 6s & 7s and he ended with a slightly more respectable 61.79%

However!! He loaded fine at each end, travelled well and was chilled throughout so, overall, I was very pleased with the first foray out this year. :)

A few pics which are, as ever, blurry owing to my significant hand tremor! ;)

Nice square halt to start with.
DSC03436-1.jpg

Decent stretch at free walk
DSC03445-1.jpg

Upward into canter
DSC03449-1-1.jpg

And who knows what he thought he was doing! :D
DSC03453-1.jpg

Three

Visit site
Thanks measels.

It's always a challenge to convince him he's not a hippo and needs to be a smart working horse! His headshaking is always more pronounced on the first time out after a few months off too so I was really pleased.

And hopefully things can only get better! :D

Folara

Visit site
He was a really good boy, just a little tense which was understandable considering he's not been anywhere since October. We can start getting out and about soon more regularly and he will be back in the swing of it soon enough.