Don Cossack retires- gold cup winners 2015 & 2016 now out

Visit site
A very happy retirement to The Don! A shame we won't get to see him fight for his crown but what a race to end his career on!

I think it will be a Tizzard 1-2 and possibly 3 in the Gold Cup. But I don't necessarily think it will be Thistle Crack coming over the line in front!

Clodagh

Visit site
I love Don Cossack, he is such a stunning horse. I wonder what he will do next? May he have a happy retirement. :)
There really are so few top class 3 milers around at the moment.

Shadowdancing

Visit site
I love Don Cossack, he is such a stunning horse. I wonder what he will do next? May he have a happy retirement. :)

He is so handsome isn't he! I understand he's retiring to Gigginstown stud but not sure what, if anything he'll be doing.

Visit site

ThistleCrack, Cue Card, Native River and Theatre Guide to name the 4 in the Tizzards yard alone!

I think Native River will beat Thistlecrack round Cheltenham in March.

Djackadam will come over, I am sure Elliot has something else primed for the Gold Cup too.

Visit site
I've just looked at the Gold Cup entries. I forgot about Don Poli! There is also Outlander . They will be Gordon Elliots main hopes.

Vroom vroom Mag also has an entry in it ... But I doubt she will take it up.

jonjosuperfan

Visit site
and a very happy retirement to The Don from me too. I get so silly and excitable over Cheltenham week, so lovely to share the build up etc with you guys. And whooopeeeeee dooooooo, only 8 weeks to go!!!! :)